Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I didnt realizes Suhrs were that expensive. Im sure they are incredible guitars, but after checking out the site..$200 upcharge for black hardware and $700 for body and neck binding. I was thinking about getting one eventually, but now I think I'll just sit back and drool over yours.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
No Cid, I prefer the black one myself. But only just ;)

I didnt realizes Suhrs were that expensive. Im sure they are incredible guitars, but after checking out the site..$200 upcharge for black hardware and $700 for body and neck binding. I was thinking about getting one eventually, but now I think I'll just sit back and drool over yours.
They're definately expensive! But in the end I paid roughly what a brand new J-Custom would cost.

Mark, thanks mate :) I ordered the guitar through Matt. MUCH cheaper than going through a UK dealer. Thanks to Matt, it ended up costing around £1600-£1700 including shipping and taxes. If I'd gone to Sounds Great, I think we'd be looking at least £2500!

I figured it would be cheaper to go through a dealer than directy through Suhr, still some of those upgrades are pretty steep. Matt had a real nice red one awhile ago, maybe when Im back to work.......

I figured it would be cheaper to go through a dealer than directy through Suhr, still some of those upgrades are pretty steep. Matt had a real nice red one awhile ago, maybe when Im back to work.......
Not to change the subject but did you ever check out Carvin? You can have pretty much anything you want made for alot less $ with top notch quality!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I'd definately recommend Matt, he's a really cool guy to deal with :) If I remember correctly, I didn't pay the prices quoted on the Suhr website.

Btw, found a couple of trans black DC's on fleabay. I'm getting that gassy feeling again :)

DCs are for Les Paul guys who dont like Les Pauls, so you may like it. I missed the separate controls, and dont care for 24 fret necks, although that really isnt a deal breaker.

Oh my days.

Congrats man, i was coincidentally on the Suhr website looking at the blue quilt version yesterday, i have major g.a.s.

Did you try out the guitar before you bought it? At one of the UK dealers?

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Thanks mate :)
The teal quilt I got from the bay. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it was in great condition and just was so sweet to play. Plus I'd probably have to pay double for the specs. The Noise free single coil system is around $300-$400 on it's own.
On the strength of how much I rated the guitar, I custom ordered the charcoal one from Matt.

Yeh there are a couple of UK dealers that spring to mind. But tbh, it's MUCH cheaper going through Matt, probably a grand cheaper!!

Thanks mate :)
The teal quilt I got from the bay. It wasn't exactly cheap, but it was in great condition and just was so sweet to play. Plus I'd probably have to pay double for the specs. The Noise free single coil system is around $300-$400 on it's own.
On the strength of how much I rated the guitar, I custom ordered the charcoal one from Matt.

Yeh there are a couple of UK dealers that spring to mind. But tbh, it's MUCH cheaper going through Matt, probably a grand cheaper!!
Yeah, what i meant was if you took a trip down (or up) to one of the UK dealers to try the guitar out, not buy it.

But anyway... could you record some video clips or something? :D

Theres so many videos of Suhr owners on youtube but most of them can't play for sh** (except Guthrie of course).

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Theres so many videos of Suhr owners on youtube but most of them can't play for sh** (except Guthrie of course).
If I posted, then I would have to join that list of **** players mate :lol:

Sounds Great in Manchester and Machinehead both stock Suhr if you want to try one out. I may even bring one along with me if we get that deal on ;)

If I posted, then I would have to join that list of **** players mate :lol:

Sounds Great in Manchester and Machinehead both stock Suhr if you want to try one out. I may even bring one along with me if we get that deal on ;)
Haha sounds good man!

And no thats not true, no one can ever be this ****:

(i was going to post a youtube link, but he could be a member of this forum and i don't want him to see :D)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.