Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Oh no your not done yet, you need some lyrics in there! Bring on some of that death metal growl! I know you got it in you! :)

Unbelievable! I've posted bits of it already. But the final version deserves it's own thread. :)

I'm a rather proud of myself at the moment. I'm usually way to lazy to finish a song. But the rain has my motocross track too wet to ride and I've had the house to myself all day. *whew*

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af8d761/n/CrateFinal_mp3

-Darin (with a big smile)

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I ain't ever going to sing, and I don't think I could work with a singer.....ever! :)
I'm not sure a singer could get his head through my door anyway.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
We can make it a contest! Everyone download Darin's song and lay some growl on it and then send it back to Darin and he can pick the best one. Winner get title of "Jemsite Idol!" Eh? :)

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We can make it a contest! Everyone download Darin's song and lay some growl on it and then send it back to Darin and he can pick the best one. Winner get title of "Jemsite Idol!" Eh? :)
haha, can't wait to hear that.

I just noticed that the clean part has some "static". I'm going to have to re-record it. Drats.

I didn't reboot my computer with EVERYTHING turned off. When I record I usually go into msconfig and disable pretty much ALL services, including windows themes, security programs, and all other drivers I don't need to load. Then my pc records pretty trouble free. But I now intend to build a new computer around recording.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
haha, can't wait to hear that.

I just noticed that the clean part has some "static". I'm going to have to re-record it. Drats.

I didn't reboot my computer with EVERYTHING turned off. When I record I usually go into msconfig and disable pretty much ALL services, including windows themes, security programs, and all other drivers I don't need to load. Then my pc records pretty trouble free. But I now intend to build a new computer around recording.
Sometimes it's the USB if that is what you are using. If you get an actual USB card in the PCI slot then it helps with the static and pops.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes it's the USB if that is what you are using. If you get an actual USB card in the PCI slot then it helps with the static and pops.
It's a PreSonus Firetube Studio, and it's firewire. It my junky Dell that's the problem, and probably Vista the big ole stupid resource hog.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you post a direct link, Darin? The way it is now, I have to download some kind of program first.
You really shouldn't have to download a program. There's a page that lets you choose the free download.

Here's the HD Youtube link.

I saved it in HD and uploaded a huge file. I hope it preserves the audio. I also uploaded a smaller .wmv. I'm sure it sounds bad, like all the youtube video's I've uplaoded. They kill the audio with there wmv to flv conversion. I've had a bunch of people download the filefactory file with no issues.

Later, Darin

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice stuff I liked it, except the static in the clean section but other then that good job :)
ROOOOooaaarrrrr nahh I can't sing. ;)

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice stuff I liked it, except the static in the clean section but other then that good job :)
ROOOOooaaarrrrr nahh I can't sing. ;)
I'll be redoing the whole song with the JSX, and no static!

Check out the clip above your post.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice good playing I just missed the clean section in that clip.
The current version I'm working on has no clean section at all actually. That section became the noddle fest. When I get together with a drummer and work it all out. It'll be a bit longer than the current 2:50 and have a clean section.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just uploaded a LIVE version. Has a rough spot where ther drummer biffed. But otherwise not bad. Check it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts