Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like the construction of the song, the riff is real good but you said it yourself the mix needs a bit of tweaking.

If it were me (so ignore this if you want! ;-) ) I'd lift the main melody line out a bit and get a bit of compression on it to smooth it out. I like what I could pick out of the tone, just would like to hear more of it - think it's good actually. Hope this makes some kind of sense, still early on a saturday for me and the coffee is still getting working..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the construction of the song, the riff is real good but you said it yourself the mix needs a bit of tweaking.

If it were me (so ignore this if you want! ;-) ) I'd lift the main melody line out a bit and get a bit of compression on it to smooth it out. I like what I could pick out of the tone, just would like to hear more of it - think it's good actually. Hope this makes some kind of sense, still early on a saturday for me and the coffee is still getting working..
Thank you very much.
So, you mean I just put some post processing comp on the leas guitar or also apply some EQing to make it stand out more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts