Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Btw the Maple lams are puposely on the edge so only a small amount will show. I like to try a different twist on every build.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Again, a beautiful build started here. Loving the inlay design, but it looks like the frets are going to cover up a little bit of the dots on the 24th, no?

BTW.... where do you guys source these materials? I've found some pieces here and there but I'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford any of them....LOL

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, a beautiful build started here. Loving the inlay design, but it looks like the frets are going to cover up a little bit of the dots on the 24th, no?

BTW.... where do you guys source these materials? I've found some pieces here and there but I'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford any of them....LOL
I got lucky with the Spalted Beech. I stumbled on to this fresh consignment a supplier.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!

You must have 60 board feet there!!!! I can only guess what that set you back.

Close call on the 24th. That was either very lucky, or meticulously planned....:smile:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That guitar is crazy sexy. Put these pics up in all other guitar sites, too and you will end up with orders so vast you will have to hire us to work for you!

Is that spalted maple body super heavy? My Gibson L6-S thin solidbody, all maple, is as heavy as my Les Paul.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
That guitar is crazy sexy. Put these pics up in all other guitar sites, too and you will end up with orders so vast you will have to hire us to work for you!

Is that spalted maple body super heavy? My Gibson L6-S thin solidbody, all maple, is as heavy as my Les Paul.
I've got another page and I post on ss.org. I get boat loads of requests to build guitars but have to refuse as I already have a successful business and this is just a hobby which I enjoy immensely. I think the enjoyment would evaporate quickly if it became a business.

The body is Spalted Beech and is amazingly light due to having most of the life sucked out of it by fungus.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts