Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to say thanks for the 7 string tab on your site... I got my first 7 string last week and, having finished making a new nut last night to convert it for left handed use, your site was my starting point for finding something to play.

The large string skips in Long Run seem ideal for getting the hang of the new neck width!

Cheers,
Thomas

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Astrocreep said:
Just a quick note to say thanks for the 7 string tab on your site... I got my first 7 string last week and, having finished making a new nut last night to convert it for left handed use, your site was my starting point for finding something to play.

The large string skips in Long Run seem ideal for getting the hang of the new neck width!

Cheers,
Thomas
Congrats! 7-string guitars rule. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whoa close call, as you can probably guess from my last post...its tomorrow now lol.

The guitar shop phoned me this morning when my parents went down to pick up my Rg7321 and said that it wasn't in stock, despite ordering it nearly 3 months ago. But the guitar shop have offered my a new 7-string, a Schecter one worth more, with better pickups and apparently the paint job looks awesome. They said I can have it over christmas and if I don't like it then bring it back on the 27th and they'll keep my RG on order as I'm already top of the list for it, however if I do like it I can keep it without paying the extra costs...which I think is an awesome idea lol...seeing as I have £4 in the bank.

Delfino

·
Registered
114 Posts
I made a 7 string out of a cereal box, a toilet role tube and 7 elastic bands of various thicknesses.

Plays beautifully but the split sounds with the single coils are a little flat.. lol

Yeah, I really need to get a 7 string..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is, not 100% sure...but pretty sure lol. It's a seymour duncan SC-102. I can't seem to find any info on it on the net though...seems noiseless when I play it so I'm going to assume yes lol.

Delfino

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.