Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all. I have tried a search and was getting overwhelmed with the return, yet couldn't really find anything applicable.

I have an RG520 setup just the way I want it except there is a buzz at the treble side (high E and B) ONLY when I play the first fret. So an F or a C note in standard tuning.

My thoughts are that since it's only on those 2 strings that I could partial shim the nut a small amount to get clearance. Does this sound right? I think my relief is just fine, especially since I'm only getting the one side buzzing, the heavier strings are just fine. The only other thing I could think of is an uneven 2nd fret? This guitar has a locking nut/Edge tremolo.

Any thoughts, guidance is appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nope, that won't work. What you need is a fret dressing, or you have a lifted fret or something similar. If you buzz when fretting the first, then it's the second fret that is the issue (or the first fret is too low) either way, raising the nut won't help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.