Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mine was a Vantage Les Paul copy with a pointy-ish headstock. It felt like I was wearing the front door on my shoulder. I never really learned how to play it. It was just too heavy.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
[obscure]

a maton strat copy, serial number 006. chances are australian members will know the name maton.

was a generic asian body with a hand-crafted maton neck. still have it for sentimental reasons, but frets are worn to buggery.

that poor guitar had to cope with everything from buddy holly to satriani.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
DavejWeiner said:
Mine is the only 6-string electric I own. www.daveweiner.com/guitars.html
That is almost identical to my first proper electric.

Mine was the maple fretboard earlier version with the gold hardware. It was an excellent guitar but i was really into Iron Maiden at the time and humbuckers so i part exchanged it for a mettalic red Ibanez Destroyer II which was a suoerb guitar.:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
A 1989 Charvel custom from the Texas shop, back when Wayne was still building guitars with his namesake company. Rosewood fingerboard, three piece maple neck, toothpaste logo, flamed maple top in a color called "amber sunburst" (orange on the outside, yellow as it gets into the center of the face).

Funny thing is... it's a good 'ol, hand made in the USA guitar... and it's fragile as hell. Something always breaks, strips, or fails on the guitar... I don't play it much now. My Ibanez's have withstood beatings no guitar should take and always come out unscathed. A USA Custom Charvel, handmade... can't keep its act together. If it weren't my first good guitar, I'd have sold it years ago. Sentimental value and all... ya know?

-R

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Aria Pro II Night Warrior. a super Strat copy that was long ago traded. nice guitar and looked pretty cool at the time.
i still own the first guitar i bought myself: '88 Charvel model 4. she was given a complete makeover and plays like new now - so sweet and HEAVY! damn thing weighs more than my Explorer. she was like $650 or $700 when she was new so it took me a whole summer to save up for her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine was an old Stagg Les Paul copy, with that classic sunburst finish and everything, circa... 1970s? I'm not sure, but someone lent it to me for free so I started to play electric. Before that I only played classical and acoustic, on a nice sounding Framus that I still have. Now I play a 1991 77FP that is my first "real" guitar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine was an Epiphone/Gibson Strat copy.... pretty sh#tty, when I removed the back cover, I realized it was made of several layers of wood, the bridge block wasn't metallic, but made of a thing called antimonium, the pickups were made of a magnetic bar wrapped in copper wire, the tremolo arm falls just like that (I must confess my brother messed it up..... imitating Steve); I still keep it, it costed me my Xmas bonus check then (1989), I was a teacher assistant.... so, no big bucks for a 1st timer guitar, fortunately today, the Epiphone standards are much higher than they were those days, even true Gibson pickups in their guitars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My first real electric was an aria pro 2 rs knight warrior its a pretty decent guitar i really like the kahler trem its got. Its pretty heavy but plays well. Although i prefer my rg over it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My first electric was a 200$ Washburn Lyon!! Don't have it anymore, but still holds a subtle place in my heart. After that I bought an RG270, and been an Ibanez nut ever since!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts