Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here and Iam considering buying my first Ibanez!I was at Sam Ash last nite playing Ibanez's,esp and jacksons and fell in love with this Ibanez Sa160 played great,sounded great and had good harmonics it felt like the guitar played its self.Just wanted your thoughts and opinons on her!Thanks ahead of time!Look forward to chatting with you guys!BTW!I have been playing strats until now!Fell in love with the humbucker and fast neck now I see why sooo may great guitarist play Ibanez!

·
Registered
725 Posts
the SA160QM has a visually pleasing laminate top but i'm not a fan of such cosmetics, it adds nothing to tone. more importantly, you should acquire the one which adds value to your playing, regardless of the versions being discussed here. good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
shreds da bluez said:
Iam just curious why would this guitar be classified as a entry-level guitar?
Its defined as this by its price range, not necessarily actual quality level, its a well playing guitar, thats my opinion on the subject, with a good trem, at least in so far as it has a knife edge on it, smooth travle, and works well for vibrato, but forget about dive bombs and pull ups with a non-locking system

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
shreds da bluez said:
Am I seeing things?But the Andy Timmons guitar seems very similar to the SA......
It is fairly similar as far as general shape goes, but a much different guitar hardware wise, think of it like a 6 cylinder mustang, and a cobra, two entirely different machines that look identical

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Its defined as this by its price range, not necessarily actual quality level, its a well playing guitar, thats my opinion on the subject, with a good trem, at least in so far as it has a knife edge on it, smooth travle, and works well for vibrato, but forget about dive bombs and pull ups with a non-locking system
Thanks!I know i haven't been playing a long time but long enough to decide what feels good to me and sounds good thats why I was asking,also I've tried some other Ibanez's out rg's jem and I guess at this point they were kinda of hard for me to control/handle plus they all have the double locking sytems which seem like alot of work when changing strings.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The SA guitars look alright and I like the body style, but I can't deal with those single coils. I really wish that Ibanez made one of those SA guitars with dual humbuckers and a simple fixed bridge. Now THAT would be one sweet guitar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.