Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going, everyone! Really excited to be a member here! Anyway, I have a quick question about the Edge tremolo locking posts for my FP2 Jem. So, I needed to raise the action slightly but I read the manual first and it said to unlock the anchors first before actually raising the tremolo posts. Did that but now I can’t seem to tighten the anchors and I’ve been trying for awhile. I bought this Jem slightly used but now I’m wondering if there is a problem with it. I haven’t played the guitar or used the whammy bar much because I want to deal with this first so I don’t damage anything! How do I fix or deal with this issue? Sorry if my first post isn’t well written because I stayed up late trying to set up my first Jem and I’m tired. 😴 Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
661 Posts
So you're saying you backed them out to loosen them and once you raised the height... You can't adjust them down? Hmmm sometimes it's tough to line up that small allen wrench in the key hole... Have you tried turning with light pressure to see if the wrench falls into the allen key hole?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It worked! I used my regular multi tool and it fell right in and I was able to tighten the anchors! Wooohooo! I thought I was in for a trip to a guitar tech. Thanks so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts