Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to recording. I have a very slow computer with Vista so I'm not sure if I should get a program like Cakewalk or would I be better off with something like a Boss BR-600, TASCAM's DP-02CF, or The MR-8HD.

Another question, my friend has Protools. With Cakewalk or a multitrack recorder--- will I be able to take recordings I do at my house to him and have him include them on his recordings?

Also with multitrack recorders can I inport a backing track to record over? Thanks for the help. I really have no clue about this stuff.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
why not just get an m-audio device and use pro tools le? that way you can go between machines w/o having to constantly exporting wav's. personally, i love cakewalk sonar, but it sounds like you need the ability to move between rigs. since your new to it, he can help you navigate around the DAW software. nothing like personal tech support. i would also advise against standalone DAW's like the boss and tascam units. mainly due to the limitations of the units. they will definitely be outdated in the next few years and so will there format. as sketchpads, they are great, for full production...not so much, you'll do better to get a decent a/d/d/a interface, a good solid mic pre, a good solid mic, pair of decent monitors, and some room treatments. that will make recording fun.

rich

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So Cakewalk will not work with protools? If I get the M-audio/Fast track package can I use that software and be compatable with pro-tools or am I just going to have to buy Pro-Tools?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts