Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a site that tells what Ibanez guitars have interchangeable parts, in this case pick guards.. is a rg 550 the same as a 7v or 555.... every time I see one that says jem pickguard on amazon or eBay it has a horrid rateing ... there’s a trillion strats but Ibanez seems to be tough! Where can I buy a different pick guard or scratch plate that WILL FIT MY 555

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Pickguards vary within any specific model alone. Some Fujigen JEM guards do not match others with the same trem. They will usually be exact but you may have one where the pickguard supplier put a hole here a little left and a hole there a little right. Either because there was no exact standard or because they just didn't cut to the standard. Because most are the same I'd figure on the later. Then you have pre 2005 56mm neck heel width and 2005> 58mm wide neck heel which make another difference. Edge / Lo Pro guard should be the same but Edge Pro are different, as are Edge Zero.

A Japanese guard should not line up to a Korean or Chinese.

So anybody selling generic cut guards should have low ratings because everybody thinks all guards are the same and they're far from it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts