Ibanez JEM Forum banner

fitting or replacing a neck

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  stevelethal 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a guitar building project on the go.
I bought a mahogany iceman/destroyer body and plan to use some stuff off my old jem555 with it.
Most stuff will be new except edge pro 2 bridge and the wizard ii neck(for the time being).

Its going great. its fuc**ng gorgeous. im just really unsure if there is a good and bad way to fit the old neck. Is it as simple as screwing it on the new body or should more steps and care be taken first. Im most concerned about neck angle and alignment and any potential damage i could do if im a dumbass, cheers guys for any support.:?

#5 ·
Yeah ok. The neck is off a jem 555 and the body is a replacement to fit wizard and Jem profile necks. If the holes line up then the scale length should be correct i guess. Any advice on shimming . Oh and how deep should the neck pocket be. I feel the neck sits a little high over the body but I'm bot sure tbh. I guess if it is a little high them the bridge would just need to be raised to accommodate it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.