Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here but is there any way I can install the bushing system on my edge tremolo so that I can use my ultralight arm in it. Plz help.馃槱

Registered
Huh? Like, the Floyd Rose push-in arm holder? Why do you need to swap the arm holder on an Edge to use an Edge bar?

Registered
Oh, so you have an OFR, and you want to use an Edge bar on it?

Hmm. That's tricky.

https://floydrose.com/collections/upgrades/products/frtapi?variant=29837630034

I've been using these, which is a very Edge-like bar/holder, but I doubt the Edge bar is a drop-in replacement. I'll try to remember to give it a shot tonight, though, to see if it happens to be the right size to accept an Edge trem bar. If not, if you like the Edge trem and have a guitar with an OFR in it, then you should try this arm holder. It's (IMO) even an improvement on the Edge design, since it's tension-adjustable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, so you have an OFR, and you want to use an Edge bar on it?

Hmm. That's tricky.

https://floydrose.com/collections/upgrades/products/frtapi?variant=29837630034

I've been using these, which is a very Edge-like bar/holder, but I doubt the Edge bar is a drop-in replacement. I'll try to remember to give it a shot tonight, though, to see if it happens to be the right size to accept an Edge trem bar. If not, if you like the Edge trem and have a guitar with an OFR in it, then you should try this arm holder. It's (IMO) even an improvement on the Edge design, since it's tension-adjustable.
Have you given it a shot

Registered
Have you given it a shot
Yeah, I've got one in all of my OFR equipped guitars. IMO, it's better than the Ibanez Edge arm holder design - the bushings on the bar on the Edge wear over time and have to eithher be replaced or somehow made to fit tighter (deformed slightly with heat, coated on the inside with nail polish, etc) as it wears, and don't allow any tension adjustment, otherwise. This one can be made as tight or as loose as you want it from day one, and in the ~2 years they've been on the market I've noticed no perceptible wear, but if I ever needed to tighten them it's just a quick quarter turn of a small allen key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts