Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/upgrades/tremolo-arms/push-in-style-arm

I've got one of these on my Suhr now. It's absolutely awesome. It has the same sort of tension sleeve as a Gotoh or Wilkinson trem, but is a true push-in rather than a screw in like the Gotoh so you can still yank your trem arm out to do silly stuff like playing slide licks with the bar or bouncing it off the strings a la Vai.

This was literally my one and only complaint with the OFR - that the screw-on collar wasn't as elegant a solution as what Gotoh was doing so you couldn't really adjust the amount of resistance or tightness on the bar arm. It's been addressed, and it's a $13 part (for chrome, anyhow).

This is probably the most happiness I've ever bought for $13. :lol:

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, mine's a seven string - Suhr still uses OFR7's on their seven strings, since Gotoh only makes a six string version of their licensed trems.

I actually have a Suhr Standard 6 with a Gotoh as well, which I feel a little ridiculous about. :lol:

·
Registered
690 Posts
The push in Floyd bars are 'da bomb' - the missing link for me.
I've put two in for a friend on his Soloists, and they're great.
I have one in the packaging waiting to go onto my old 'mutt' with its 80s Floyd on it...

One thing though; the bars sit quite low, and Floyd missed the opportunity to put a bottoming screw in the sleeve in order to adjust the resting height of the bar - too bad. There's a hole there, it's just not threaded... I might try adding a thread to mine to see if it'll work... but otherwise, I've popped cotton ball wadding down into the throat of the barrel in order to give some height.
Bonus is that it takes some residual wobble play out of the bar/sleeve fit...

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The push in Floyd bars are 'da bomb' - the missing link for me.
I've put two in for a friend on his Soloists, and they're great.
I have one in the packaging waiting to go onto my old 'mutt' with its 80s Floyd on it...

One thing though; the bars sit quite low, and Floyd missed the opportunity to put a bottoming screw in the sleeve in order to adjust the resting height of the bar - too bad. There's a hole there, it's just not threaded... I might try adding a thread to mine to see if it'll work... but otherwise, I've popped cotton ball wadding down into the throat of the barrel in order to give some height.
Bonus is that it takes some residual wobble play out of the bar/sleeve fit...
Really? I had the opposite problem, where I found they sat HIGHER than a regular screw in bar. Either way, some sort of height adjustment screw would have been cool, I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts