Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old jackson guitar with floyd rose special and i would like to upgrade it...but as i can from diagramm dimensions neither ( except maybe original floyd ) will fit without routing....

So you have any experience with an upgrade like that ? Am i wrong ?

Can you suggest me the best option trem ?

thank you

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Floyd rose special is the same dimensions as an original Floyd rose. I used to have a friend who had a peavey Wolfgang that was made in Korea... My old Wolfgang was a USA model. The only difference I saw was the name "special" in the bridge.

Why do you want to upgrade? Is it not returning to zero? Or... Is it pitting up really bad or something?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
The Specials are good where they count, i.e. the baseplate, etc. Is there something particularly wrong with it? If not, maybe start with replacing the zinc sustain block with the OFR brass one, and if you want to go further, then a saddle set too. OFR sell all these too.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Avoid the OFR saddle replacements... I bought a set a couple years ago for my Schaller because they were a little cheaper than the Schaller brand. They were soft. They didn't have a hard surface where the string clamps and the non wound strings would always slide out because it would dig into the saddle. Buy Schaller brand saddles if you replace them. Plus for some reason the Floyd rose brand didn't have that L shaped cap at the bottom of the saddle that stops the clamp block from falling through. The Schaller brand has this small L shaped piece of hard metal that fits into the bottom of each saddle where the string clamp block is... it keeps the string clamp block in place, and provides a surface for the string to squeeze against. The FR brand ones were a Waste of dang money. Not sure why they were a different design. FR used to design them like the Schaller ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts