Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It's based on preference, really. They're both very good, and are made by repectable companies i.e Floyds are manufactured by (I believe) Schaller and the Edge bridges are made by Gotoh. I for one prefer the Edge Pro over the Original Floyd.

Oh yeah, good luck on finding a new Edge Pro. ;)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I thought Schaller was just another company liscenced to make them. Although Schaller does do a hell of a lot better than many of the other companie's. Floyd Rose still makes thier own to my knowledge, but they liscence many other companies aswell.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can find info about the speedloader here:

http://www.floydrose.com/speedloader.html

Personally, i've no tried them before, but what i heard is that if you want to get a speedloader, get the real thing not the licensed speedloaders like those on the cheaper BCR.

Another thing you might want to take into consideration is that there are specified strings used for the speedloader trems.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I quite like OFR trems and Edge Pro's. I've got an Edge Pro on my Rg1550 that i like and when i was trying out a guitar today which had an OFR i found the OFR to be easier to do stuff with. More responsive i guess you could say. Then again, i have 10s on my Ibanez and the model i tried had 9s

·
Registered
542 Posts
a egde is more smooth and easy to work..the ofr is alittle more stiff and doesn't have a as higher pull up as the egde ..but i like ofr better better they feel more solid...i replace any trems i have with one..so it's really just a pefered thing for who is using them.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
brothersnowgone said:
I thought Schaller was just another company liscenced to make them. Although Schaller does do a hell of a lot better than many of the other companie's. Floyd Rose still makes thier own to my knowledge, but they liscence many other companies aswell.
Very few Floyds are made by themselves anymore - they can't make enough of them.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Praetorian said:
I like Edge and LoPros over the OFR but the OFR over the Edge Pro. Why? The Edge Pro doesn't have an intonation tool.
An intonation tool would be nice and make setups a lot easier, but it's not a big deal to me.

I like the Lo-pros and the Edge Pros about the same and hands down over the OFR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.