Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black OFR arrived today. I need to add .5mm at E strings and .2 mm at A and B. Do you know what can i use? It was late when it arrived and I tried every metal sheet y had, but I only got .23, .27 and .37mm sheets. I read that Coke cans are .1 mm, is that true? (I dont want to buy (10 plus 15 shipping. Shipping is 50% pricier as I live in Mexico) What would you racommend to match my 16" Rgt42dxfm radius?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the posted above, get some shims with the thickness needed and cut them to desired shape and size. Let me know your opinion of the OFR. What did you have in its place before?

Regards,
Nelson

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
There was an Edge III before, I like it, it feels more solid. I am still adjusting it though. The problem now is that i get dead notes at frets 14, 15 and 16 on the B string.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
My black OFR arrived today. I need to add .5mm at E strings and .2 mm at A and B. Do you know what can i use? It was late when it arrived and I tried every metal sheet y had, but I only got .23, .27 and .37mm sheets. I read that Coke cans are .1 mm, is that true? (I dont want to buy (10 plus 15 shipping. Shipping is 50% pricier as I live in Mexico) What would you racommend to match my 16" Rgt42dxfm radius?
Buy a set of feeler gauges and cut them down. You will have all the shims you will ever need.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
yep coke can aluminium works great for shorter shims.

For taller shims i use picks. You know what thickness they are and are fairly easy to work with.

I am glad you found something that worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts