Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guitar Haven is going out of business. They used to be up in Antioch, but moved to Murfreesboro a few years back. The owners have decided to retire so they are blowing out their whole inventory. This was THE place to buy pickups as they usually carried 2-3 of everything. Not to mention they had tons of other stuff for building guitars.

The deal I got yesterday on Dimarzio's was awesome! 40% off the list price for 1, 50% off if you buy 2 or more. I got a D sonic 7, Blaze 7 middle and PAF 7 for the neck of a nice project I got going on at the moment. All of that, plus pickguard screws and an extra whammy bar for $188.00.

They have several brands and bunches of other stuff left for the moment, but I thought I'd mention it if anyone in the area wants to get a few extra pickups or stuff for projects you got going.

Cheerio!

·
Registered
46 Posts
www.gtrheaven.com

They've got a fair amount of Dimarzio's left, especially humbuckers. I know these are all 40% to 50% off right now. They also have a good selection of EMG, SD, Rio Grande, Joe Barden, and a few other brands. Don't know what kind of deal they'll cut for those but they're trying to liquidate everything, so I'm sure they'll work something out with you.

It's a shame to see them go. They had a store in Nashville for a long time, then moved down here to the 'Boro a few years ago. From what I understand, the owners are just tired of it and ready to call it quits. We always got pickups and strings from there, as they always had what we needed on hand and at a good price.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The prices posted on the site for dimarzio pickups are no different than going to GC, what kind of sale is it?

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just contact them and see what kind of deal they'll make on stuff. Don't take the prices on the site as gospel. Case in point: The Blaze Middle on the site is listed,(sale price) at 49.95. We got it for 36.00 yesterday.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said... 40-50% off of the list price which is what Dimarzio says it should be listed at. The D sonic lists at $139 but you can get it for $69.50. (GC lists at $80) The PAF 7 lists at $109 and we paid $54.50. (GC also $80)

So yeah... you don't have to wait for it to be ordered and you can save $30-50 on a set of pups.

They had deals on all of their stuff because they are literally trying to sell out everything in the store to close the doors. They do have a great selection of pickups and lots of pedals and stuff left. Ibanez hard cases for $50 and Mesa Boogie Amps for 30+% off I think. Too bad they already sold the 20th Anniversary Jem... They have some acoustics and a decent PRS too. But mostly I got there for parts. :D

You can just call them and they can check the stock. If you find something and it isn't marked on sale, just ask and they'll knock something off it. But they had way less yesterday when I went than on Saturday when we stopped in. They are selling stuff quickly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I emailed them about Duncan Distortion 7 and Jazz 7's, but I think they are gonna be the same price as usual (from the website, like $80).. Darn =[ If they were like $50 that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yeah, I also looove how they list these at "50% OFF!!!!" and its off the retail price. Does any store sell Dimarzio Evolution pickups for 190 each (supposedly the retail?). These prices are no better than any normal store, and online you can get an Evolution for 50-60 bucks, brand new.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think they are doing these deals through their internet site. I think it is only those who go to the physical store.

I was just trying to be helpful folks. I don't own the store, don't have any affiliation with the store, and don't care if no one wants to go there. I was just saying these are the deals I got and if anyone in the area wants to stop by there and get the same deals, then enjoy. I know there are quite a few folks from around here on this forum.

Soooo... yeah! Poo poo it all you want. $190 for a chromed Evo is what Dimarzio prints on the side of the box. The store used to sell everything at about $5 under GC. Now it is more than that.

That's the last time I try to be helpful to anyone around here...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you Silver Sable. I just bought my first real tube amp from their website. The hot rod deluxe combo for $495 shipped! I emailed him an offer and he accepted, replied in under an hour. I'm so excited, I plan to use the clean channel and put some nice pedals in front like my diy keeley ds-1 or something like a zen drive. I like texas blues if you can't tell, I'm still working on my shred chops. This will be a great upgrade considering I currently have a spider II. Grab a deal if you can.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts