What a beat

anyone test drive? They are impossible to find

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s crazy - I tried to lease a base, and they don’t have any, only big bend

not only that there are none in stock and none coming on any trailers or barges

they said a microchip shortage had made demand so high they barely get out of Detroit

also they are now upping the MSRP $1000 due to supply and demand , so what was going to be a $30,000base model is a $35k big bend in WHATEVER COLOR THEY give you - you only have a choice of what is coming , I’m other words at this time you have no choice of color or trim

you just have a choice - yes or no

it really is like we’re back to the old Model T days

Henry Ford would be so proud his bronco came back like that lol :lol:

anyone try the mini beast? There is another bigger standard one but I haven’t tried or seen it out yet

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As an automotive technician, I would advise anyone to never buy the first year of any vehicle. I know the manufacturers test them, but the real test is the customers driving them everyday.
I really like this though. I tested out the only one they have, which is a 3 cylinder turbo base model with 190 HP/TQ....for a Bronco, and 3 cylinder, it its pretty peppy, to put it in the most effeminate way possible (not that there's anything wrong with that of course lol PC and all)

But anyway, this "base" model that he is tRYing SO HARD to push on me, I said "no man...why would you get a base model thats 26 or 27....then TELL ME because of the shortage and lack of vehicles leaving Detroit that your upping the price to 1000 over MSRP, but THEN, you added mud flaps, you added grill accents and little options that put the car at $32k, so $6k over what I was aiming at....and you think I would just take it in black!!! if anything it would have to by OJ white if you make me take something I don't want off the lot"

LMAO

anyway he didnt mind me taking another test drive around the block, and I love the car man. it feels like a mini Tahoe or something. I drove past a hummer coincidentally and thats the only thing that Dwarfed the bronco, but everything else didnt FEEL that big...im coming from a smaller sized car, so the bronco is bigger than what im used to, and certainly smaller than the Tahoe and Hummer, but again, with the Tahoe, you see the bulk all around, but the Bronco feels like its on its level, especially with the safety features , like on the Big bend, which I think is worth the second tier trim...

But Angra1 is making me nervous because IF he has a point, which he does, and the microchips are the problem, that smells like a BUG showing up later - imagine like the covid cover up, they are going to remotely start our broncos and drive them into our driveway/garage doors to make insurance premiums rise throughout the US!!! lol j/k guys

But no, that is a concern, and IDK - it doesn't look like any broncos are coming, I like the greens, yellow and orange, particularly the Area 51 green or cactus grey but for a family bronco I don't think I want a flashy yellow or orange thing like a hummer....

Anyhow, doesn't look like ANYONE is getting ANY anytime soon, at least around here - I don't know about Detroit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts