Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd finally share some of my band's music. I formed Sewer Sideshow along with the singer back in 2010, we wrote for about a year while finding band members, and got started on the live scene back in 2011.

We recorded 6 tracks worth of drums and rhythm guitar at a small studio back in November last year. I've been slowly getting all the other parts sorted at my home studio, and the singer recording his vocals in his garage at his place. We haven't had much time to complete it all yet, but I've recorded all the guitar parts, and started on the simpler bass parts since I haven't been able to get the bass player over to record yet.

This song, "Forget Everything You Heard" was one of the original songs we wrote back in 2010. I wrote the music and the singer wrote the lyrics. The vocals in this are still the scratch track from the drum recording session from last year. I'll hopefully have some proper takes shortly. I really wanted to share this now though, see what my buddies at Jemsite thought.

http://www.lonephantom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Forget-Everything-You-Heard-with-bass.mp3

Let me know what you think. :)

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your comments mi2tom. Yeah, those vocals aren't the final take. These are just the scratch track from recording the drums. I'll be replacing them soon. With a more steady consistent take it should be easier to sit them in the mix better.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I like the vocals....they just need a bit more FX work and a mix tweak. They feel very organic to the song.

I really dig your guitar work and your tone is awesome, but would love to hear a little more in your solo. I know you have a lot more to offer us.........:lol::lol:

Overall, it's a killer song with a cool "modern punk" feel........ I think a little more mix work and it's ready to publish.

I'd also add a bar of the intro to the end of the song. Just my two cent.....:lol::lol:

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the vocals....they just need a bit more FX work and a mix tweak. They feel very organic to the song.

I really dig your guitar work and your tone is awesome, but would love to hear a little more in your solo. I know you have a lot more to offer us.........:lol::lol:

Overall, it's a killer song with a cool "modern punk" feel........ I think a little more mix work and it's ready to publish.

I'd also add a bar of the intro to the end of the song. Just my two cent.....:lol::lol:
Thanks mate, yeah the vocals still aren't the final take. I'm not really 100% sure how to get the reverb right to make it sound like it sits nicely. I think it's getting there though.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the tone too. It's just my Blackstar HT-5. One channel was the direct in recording from the emulated output, and the other parts are mic'ed up, with of all things a cheap Behringer mic! Our singer bought a SM57, and I thought I had hooked that up, but I had forgotten! :lol: I ended up being happy with the sound though. Still just gotta get the bass just right though.

:lol: I'm not sure I have much more to offer solo wise! I've got a limited bag of licks, but I manage to use them wisely I think. With this song though I wasn't aiming for a shred fest or anything, I really wanted an atmospheric kind of lead to add texture over the big sustaining chords.

I really hope I can get the mix right so that all six songs we recorded sound consistent with each other. I really want to get this out as an EP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts