Ibanez JEM Forum banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
I do everything with computers. Go look at my website. I do my own website. I was a Computer Tech for Macwarehouse. I'm not against computers at all, but Swirling is an Art. If you think it's so easy, then show me your work.
So if I show you some work my point would be right?
What a teenage comment you did like hey you play better than me so show me your playing!
LOL
Throwing paintings over a wall is not art to me but for some people is.
Throwing paintings over water and hopeing something good would come up is not art.
I did so many swirls in kindergarten ,obviously not on guitars lol
We used to have a toy in my country around 1980 to make swirls on paper,a machine keeps turning a paper and you just had to drop paint over it.
Is that art?
Not to me.

My point is no painter will lost his job cause there are place to everybody.
The majority still want a real painter but if a computer can turns a poor guy's dream alive,why not?

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
even if my swirl was the best in the world and somebody said hey man your swirl is pure art I would reply=nope,my swirl is just a bunch of paint on the water.
Swirl isn't art,it's a technique.
No art galleries have swirls.
Swirling a bunch of paintings is a technique and you don't need to be an artist or even smart to do it.There are hundreds of videos in youtube with people doing them in a few minutes.
Yeah I'm clueless.
Go to painting schools websites and research about techniques.
Just because you do something,don't try to turn it into something special.It's special to you but not.................art,it's a technique.
Hey I love swirls but they're just a tech......you know what.
Not?
Research SWIRL TECHNIQUE.

Van Gogh swirl lol =

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Cool. Another computer taking more work from artists. I guess the fact that I can hand paint and replicate Satriani's guitars doesn't matter anymore. I'll just sell all my paint, equipment, and get a printer. Oh wait, doesn't someone still have to clear it?
People want cheap stuff, it doesn't necessarily need to be good work, or good materials, just cheap. How many people here talk about not being able to afford a real Jem, while posting pictures of their 7 Chinese guitars in a separate thread?

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
My friend and I call those Squibanezes. As in Squier to Fender. I mean not just the knock offs, but the cheap ibanezes are Squibanez. Maybe it will catch on here.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts