Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Though I am really digging the Evo bridge in my RG470, the PAF Pro also sounds very nice in the bridge.

Because of this, I may actually buy another RG for the Evo.
1 guitar with screaming Evos, and one with PAF's and/or Fred.

I hear many clips of the Fred, usually playing lead. Sounds sweet.
How is the Fred for rhythm? I like the PAF tone, but it is just a bit "soft" on low-end.

Edited to add: Would anyone like to trade: My bridge Evo for your Fred?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have an RG 620 with the Piezo pup. In the neck I have Paf Pro's, in the bridge I have Freds. One word: awesome. The two compliment eachother perfectly. The freds are a little thin on a clean sound for rythym, but when you have distortion on the Freds, They are Better than the Breeds in My Jem 7DBK IMO. Very Clean and Dynamic, and they cut through the mix very well. and like the Paf Pro's, they have that open vowel sound to them. I would definately recommend Freds in the Bridge. I might even consider trading you for your bridge evo's. email me at: [email protected] if your interested.
Hope this helps.. :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
the fred in the neck is great in the neck. like a less nasally paf pro. about the same in output, very tight. great harmonics, too. for a neck pickup! sweeps are clean and sounds great tapped into a single. one of my faves as far as a neck pickup. i currently don't have one anymore, but it is a great neck pickup. i just like the looser bassy tones in the air norton.

rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.