Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a H-S-H style body. i have decided on 2 humbuckers i.e PAF PRO and FRED (trying to get satriani sound). I wanted to know if i can put YJM pickup for a single coil for a totally different sound ? it is feasible? what kind of changes will be needed in the setup?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The HS-2 is a good choice for the setup your looking for. I'm not too familiar with the YJM but it sounds like it's more of a stand alone pup. I think it (YJM) will sound fine alone, but can't really say what you'll hear if you couple it to the neck or bridge. Best to compare the output of the YJM to that of the HS-2 to really get a feel for what to expect.

I've heard Blue velvet is also a good single (sorry to throw another option in your pup scheme).

Since Satch's set up is H-H, I'd say get a super switch and wire it with a pull push tap this way you can have the typical H-S-H w/ the 5 way toggle , as well as having the capabilities of bridging the two humbucks when tapped. I could go into detail, but I'm tired....
good luck

--RG

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a JEM style body :(
but i have no guitar with PAfs and Fred...hence i chose these pickups.. but i needed a single coil too....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts