Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. my frets on my JEM7VWH (2002) are in dire need of replacing. I have taken it to a local repair shop. The guy told me that he didn't want to do it. Said that it was too hard and that there was a high likelihood that the ebony fretboard would break. Especially around the scalloped portion. He also said that he would have to charge around 650 to try it. Recommended that I just by a regular RG neck off of ebay to replace it. Is there any truth to this. And any good places to get this work done in the San Diego area? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi all. my frets on my JEM7VWH (2002) are in dire need of replacing. I have taken it to a local repair shop. The guy told me that he didn't want to do it. Said that it was too hard and that there was a high likelihood that the ebony fretboard would break. Especially around the scalloped portion. He also said that he would have to charge around 650 to try it. Recommended that I just by a regular RG neck off of ebay to replace it. Is there any truth to this. And any good places to get this work done in the San Diego area? Thanks for any help.
RUN from that guy. See here:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts