Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ibanez SAS32EX has been in regular use by me for around a couple of months or so now, and its fretboard is FILTHY. I've been giving it small cleans every now and then, but I'm not sure why it's so disgusting. Almost every fret is completely covered in what I can only assume is skin. Is there any good way to clean a guitar's fretboard without hurting the natural oiliness of the Rosewood?

·
Registered
804 Posts
windex glass cleaner to strip the guitar...it will strip the skank but not the finish..then.."lemon oil or bore oil<-- from the music store for wooden clarinets mainly"...on the fretboard... then polish the whole guitar minus the fretboard.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Lemon oil has been known to dry out fretboards--go with the bore oil, as it's got silicone preservatives. I swear by the stuff, and always get great results.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Steel wool works great, no chemicals and puts a shine back on the frets. Just make sure you either unbolt the neck or tape off the pickups (the magnets will attract the wool). Compressed air is really nice to have to blow off all the leftover wool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts