Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the Steve Vai Live At The Astoria London, in the "Heavy metal section of the show", this cool LED bridge of that Jem, I came with this question.

Obviously the price is one issue on Sims LED mod, but someone has done this mod to his guitar?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Most players, unless they're playing venues like Steve Vai is, don't really care about lights in their fretboard lol. They tend to focus on things like playing the guitar well, having better tone, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Vai is a poser, I know, the most important thing on his setup is the Honeywell fan.......

An yes, most players tend to focus on things like playing the guitar well, having better tone, etc, but I´m not one of the "Most Players"........I play just for the fun of it, in my house and with friends, not to be the best or to play in venues.......

So, I was just asking if someone has done the "lights in their fretboard" thing.......

Anyway, thanks for replying.........

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
I always wanted leds in my guitars.
Thank god Vai is a poser cause his show is the best show a guitar player could show us.
He's funny,nice and his music really GLOWS at the stage.
His shows are always different,they always have something different and that's all about beeing an entertainer.Oh and that's like knowing how to sell his FISH lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have some leds made by chris woods for the meanie project. looks and feels really special if it's dark.
Thaks Tobias, let me check it out!

Although I'd advise you read the Christopher Woods thread
I´m putting eyes on it.

Thank god Vai is a poser cause his show is the best show a guitar player could show us.
I started hearing Satriani´s music, he is THE virtuoso, but, after watching 3 G3 concerts.....Vai is the Virtuososhowman!!! He always is putting attention in all the details of the show, and yes, he shurely knows how to sell!!!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
I started hearing Satriani´s music, he is THE virtuoso
I never saw Satch as a virtuoso or a shredder.To me his strongest power is melody,he can create awesome melodies and soundscapes.Of course he's a master,no doubt about it but when I want to listen to cool melodic songs I listen to Satch and when I want to listen to cool melodic songs with crazy weird awesome stuff,I listen to Vai.
2 Masters.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well according to the definition of VIRTUOSO in Wikipedia:

In Music in the Western World by Piero Weiss and Richard Taruskin, we find the following definition of virtuoso:[1]

"...a virtuoso was, originally, a highly accomplished musician, but by the nineteenth century the term had become restricted to performers, both vocal and instrumental, whose technical accomplishments were so pronounced as to dazzle the public."

The defining element of virtuosity is the performance ability of the musician in question, who is capable of displaying feats of skill well above the average performer. Musicians focused on virtuosity are commonly criticized for overlooking substance and emotion in favor of raw technical prowess. Despite the mechanical aspects of virtuosity, many virtuosi successfully avoid such labels, focusing simultaneously on other musical aspects while writing and performing music.

I think Joe Satriani fits in it :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts