Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently moved to Canberra (thats the capital of Australia, for our American cousins) from the UK, and had to leave my Jem7V in storage over there, until my brother gets off his behind and ships it here.

I have always been a fan of Nuno, so i bought an N4 relic, what a guitar, feels very different to the Jem, but feels just as nice and playable ..

its so good i bought another, so now i have a relic, and a Padauk one to.

still miss my Jem though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
the n4s are awesome. i used to main the paduak n4, but nowadays the neck is just too thick for me to play comfortably. it was that guitar that made me fall in love with the bill lawrence pickups. and the stephen's extended cutaway rules as well.

post pics :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
EXCEPT the Nuno has that abomination of a neck join, widely despised by Washburn fans, those hideous Frankenstein monster bolts are ugly and not a good long term neck join. If you want a Stepen's extended cutaway don't go for the hamfisted later efforts (which are copies of the original) buy an EC29 or EC36 and have the REAL thing, 29 or 36 fret access with no discernable neck join ANYWHERE on the neck.

Of course if your Nuno fan and MUST have a sig model then your stuffed :)

Good news is the necks on Washburns are always very playable I know I bought the late 80s model I used to have 12 years ago and fell in love with it again!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've owned Jems, and I still own an RG520 along with a Prestige 1550.. But my N4 is by far my favorite instrument.. I'd trade both of my Ibanez instruments for a good Paduak N4 in a heartbeat..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm after an N4 "Relic" but they seem very hard to come by these days. I've seen plenty of Paduak's on the bay though.

Nuno was the reason I started playing guitar, the N2 is nice but I want an N4!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm after an N4 "Relic" but they seem very hard to come by these days. I've seen plenty of Paduak's on the bay though.

Nuno was the reason I started playing guitar, the N2 is nice but I want an N4!
There was loads on the bay a couple of months back from an US seller that seemed a good price,not now though.I like the Paduak's,but the white one looks pretty cool too

·
Registered
166 Posts
well, i just took the plunge...

i have bought one of the run of 25 Black N4's. i have number 18 of 25, i have been tracking it, in Honalulu (sp?) as it comes over ...

here it is ...

Congrats...That black model looks SWEET!!! The N4 is the real deal.. I'm not into hero worship so my appreciation of this instrument has nothing to do with Nuno.. I'm only around 50 yrs old and have owned only a couple hundred instruments.. The N4 is simply the best instrument I own.. I own a number of Carvins.. One being a very nice CT6C, A couple Ibanez instruments.. A JP6 w/piezo and an obligatory Gibson... If I could only keep one? N4

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey you N4 owners, can you make a comparison to an RG neck?
That black N4 looks sexy.
The neck on the relic is different from the non-aged N4's and is a bit slimmer than them, The neck on all of them isnt as slim as a wizard neck, but its nice and flat, and very comfy, but in a different kinda way, it doesnt feel as 'big' from top to bottom as my Jem 7V either, but it does feel 'played in' and very very comfy, it doesnt look it, but its just as fast as a good Wizard II neck

hope this helps

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know if I can agree with that..

My N4 beside my Carvin Bolt+C

The N4 is lighter.. But I'm 6'4" 295 and I don't feel like the N4 is undersized on me anymore than any other guitar..A Les Paul actually feels the oddest to me as far as size goes..

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.