Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale: New 2005 Saber A Lightwave 5 string fretless bass with optical pickups, trans blue finish, with Gigbag and charger.

Description & Condition: I bought this new from Lightwave bass company in 2005, and barely used it. I am no longer recording, so I must let this go. It is still in new condition, no dings or scratches on it.
Saber A Lined Fretless 5 String Ebony

5A Transparent Blue Quilt Top

This is one of the New Lightwave Music 2005 Models as seen in Bass Player mag. Brand new with gig bag.

List of improvement are:

Optical Pickup System

· New piezo design. Improved reliability

· Resolved grounding and conductivity issues. Improved reliability and battery life

Neck

· 34" scale and now 35" scale! (Classica 5 strings)

· New pearl inlayed logo and name

· Tuner spacing improved

· Fluted headstock

· 3 piece quarter sawn maple neck with mahogany inlay stripes

· Graphite rods in neck, No buzzing at even the lowest setups

· New dual action truss rod

· New graph tech nuts

· New slim taper, fast play neck

· Ebony, Indian Rosewood, and Brazilian Rosewood fingerboards

· New frets and fretless with lines

· New larger pearl side and top markers

· Perfect neck pocket fit

Body

· Solid swamp ash body with tops

· Recessed strap buttons

· New high gloss finish

· New cavity design with cover and brass inserts for ease of back removal

· New pot spacing (more room to adjust and pot location pushed furtherout to edge·

. Reversed neck design, now designed so slap bass style can be accomplished

· Perfect balance and a weight of about 7 lbs.

· Pickup mounting holes mathematically designed to improve ease of intonation

· New jack and charger jack, flush mount to body.

Lightwave's value is evident in the high level of materials, workmanship, and quality control maintained at our Lewis Center, OH factory.

Lightwave bass guitars feature hand selected, kiln-dried tone woods, hand buffed finishes, and the revolutionary Lightwave optical pickup system. CNC routers and milling machines hold tolerances to less than .001" making our necks super fast, with playing action down to 3/64".

Visit www.lightwave-music.com for complete information, including audio samples of this bass.

Asking Price: $850 + shipping

My Location: Michigan

Terms of Sale/Purchase: USA shipping only, no international shipping, no exceptions

Other Information: I accept paypal(buyer pays 3% credit card fees, however there are no fees for funds transfers, e checks, and bank transfers), U.S. postal money orders, cashiers checks. All checks must clear before shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.