Ibanez JEM Forum banner

FS - 1975 Fender Stratocaster

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Fender868 
#1 ·
Dear Jemsite,

Due to recent increases in the price of gas, the car i recently bought and paid has a V8 engine, and therefore consumes a lot more than most cars. Granted it sips verry little on the highway, i spend a lot of time between cities seeing my girlfriend, working and seeing friends and half of what i do is city, so i need a 6 or a 4 cylinder car. Seeing as i am losing out by selling this car back, i need to raise money to fund a better car.

So for sale here is a 1975 Fender Stratocaster i recently came by. It belonged to the original owner from 1975 up until now. In the 80's he had drilled a hole through the pick guard and body to install a Dimarzio Paf Pro, because it was the in thing to do. He also added extra switches to put the picks up in a parallel mode or series. I bought a new pick guard, and reinstalled the original single coil. However, please note this guitar can now accomodate a dual coil in the bridge. Furthermore, the tuners are no longer original as he had them changed to schallers in the 80's. Apart from that, this guitar is all original. The body looks like it's a 30 year old guitar, so there's no secret there. This fender plays very well. The crisp tones achieved with it are unparalled with the work fender does now. I prefer this one over my newer Fender. The maple board is actually really clean for an old guitar. And this neck features the awesome big style headstock that was popularized by Jimi's 69' Strat and just about anyone else who liked the CBS Era Fender.

So it is in players condition and is not the most collectable piece ever, however, it is very playable and were i in a blues band, i don't know how i could get away without playing a vintage 3 single coil fender strat.

I am selling this baby for 1250$. Please note that shipping is only included if buyer is within east coast canada or north eastern USA. I will add an extra fee to pay for shipping if she goes further. I need to make money to buy a car to go to school, so it's very important that i sell her. Therefore, i am leaving this one negociable. Please don't low ball me though, i really need this.

Note: The guitar comes with the original orange fuzz lined case from the 70's. Just this case goes for 200 - 300 dollars on ****.

Thank you for interest!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.