Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided that it's time to let this beauty go since it doesn't get much play. Its a 1988 Ibanez saber that was made at the Bensalem, PA plant as a custom order for a customer. Its metallic black cherry in color with black chrome hardware and comes equipped with an original edge lo-pro tremolo with the rare Ibanez trem-setter (whammy bar included). It's only drilled for volume and tone controls and one pickup, a humbucker in the bridge position which is currently a Seymour Duncan SH-6 but, I will also include an EMG 81 I had installed in it before, and the original Dimarzio made Ibanez pickup. The neck on this guitar was replaced with an Ibanez replacement made in 1995. The original neck was a wizard neck with a maple board but it was in bad shape so I got a new one. The new one has a rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays and a "custom made" inlay at the 20th fret. The guitar does not have the AANJ like the newer sabers. It's the old 4 bolts in a square pattern with a neck plate. This comes with an Ibanez hardshell case made to fit this guitar and it has a Dimarzio clip lock strap installed. This is a truly one of a kind guitar and I really hate to see it go but, I'd rather someone else enojy it and play it than have it sit here unused. As a matter of fact the only guitar I've ever seen close to this in appearance is Ken Susi of Unearth's custom s 7 string. His is basically the same guitar but one less knob and its a 7 string. I'm looking to get $1000 plus shipping for this since its such a rare find and is in excellent condition for a 19 year old guitar. Pictures are available upon request at [email protected]
Thanks!
Andy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Do you still have the original neck, Edge bridge & the pickup? I'd be insteresed if the original parts (at least the original neck) are available & you were willing to negotiate bit.

Is it possible any of the "hand carving" in the control cavity you mentioned was to make room for the EMG battery? It's not uncommon at all for early sabers to have some details trimmed by hand though... A couple pictures would go a long way here.

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah its not from the emg...I bought it 100% stock and installed the EMG myself. The original parts are not available anymore. I sold them to a buddy of mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts