Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: 1990 Ibanez Universe, UV7PWH, "Ghostpowder"

$1100.00 plus shipping and case option.

History: I am the original owner, had it a short time, then it went to a friend that used it in his home studio for 7 years, then I got it back. All original other than the strap buttons, chrome screws for the guard & covers, top 7 frets are scalloped and of course the custom art on the body.

Artwork: Hand painted by Dan Lawrence 1993. I contacted Dan/his rep, he remembered doing a couple UV's with this eye artwork for the Ibanez USA custom shop in the early 90's. (this one has an "S" stamped on the back of the headstock) which means "seconds" I imagine this one had a finish flaw, because everything is fine with the guitar, neck, electronics, trem, performance, etc..

Condition: Some dings along the edge (see pics), a couple of foggy remainders on the back from some marker artwork. Phil Keaggy signed it in the neck heel. Scallops were done using a basic file, at the time I was going to remove all the pyramids, so I did get through the last pyramid a little when filing. Frets have been slightly dressed one time, so plenty of fret life. Top horn has chips around strap button screw. Finish heel cracks at the neck pocket, some wear and pitting on the low side of the trem.

Performance: Sweet old UV thin neck profile, excellent action with light tension, plays and sounds great! The best way I can describe the sound from my perspective… bridge pickup tone is like a "Sad Ghost", neck pickup, is like "Dark Powder", which brought about the name "Ghostpowder"

US, I can ship it double boxed, or add the cost of a hardshell to the price of the guitar, I will go and pick one up, buyers choice according to what is available locally, or ship me a case to send it back in.

International, will have to be shipped in a hardshell case with the same terms as above. Contact me for details and shipping cost to your area.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Damn i wish i could sell my jackson right now. If i had the extra 500 for safety, i'd totally go into it, but without that the price is still too steep. It's a sick guitar. How does it play though - in comparison to newer UV's ? Would you say better or worst?

Who did the fret filling ?

Anything else i should know ?

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dressed the frets, and filed the top 7 scallops, everythings great, plays awesome, just not into having Steve Vai guitars any longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.