Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1991/1992 Ibanez RG760 EG (Emerald Green) with Direct Mount pickups!

This one is notable, and a surprisingly rare bird, because it has direct mount pickups (no bridge humbucker mounting ring!),a Lo-Pro Edge trem and Emerald Green paint. All three of these features were only available for the 1992 model year. Although this is a 1992 model year guitar, the serial number on the neck is from 1991; i.e. it was manufactured in Fujigen in 1991 for the 1992 model year. This has a Hollywood (7101 Case Ave. North Hollywood, CA, 91605) neckplate, so although the neck, body and parts were manufactured in Fujigen, Japan, the guitar was assembled here in the USA in Los Angeles, California.

It has to be mentioned that this guitar is far from being in mint or collector's condition and is in pretty roughed up "relic" condition. It has a lot of chips, dings and scars. Also, I consider the guitar to be a candidate for a re-fret. The neck sure looks straight as an arrow to my eyes, but the frets need either some softening up (i.e. crowning) or a full refret.

There is NO crack behind the nut at the back of the neck, however there is a lengthy neck joint crack that appears to be only in the clear and does not go through the wood see pictures. The guitar is currently missing a truss rod cover and locking nuts. These parts are very easy to source online, most notably through Rich Harris at IbanezRules.

Not so great condition overall, but this is a very rare guitar that is excruciatingly difficult to find. Hence, I'm asking for $500 + shipping

This will ship in a hardshell Ibanez M100C case (with no handle) to the continental USA (i.e. no Alaska, Hawaii or overseas) only.

If interested, send me a message and I'll send you some pics.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.