Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned dozens of Ibanez guitars over the years and this is my last and favorite. Thought I'd post it here first before hitting the broader world with it.

From the best I understand, this was part of a limited run in '99 that ended up in Guitar Centers in Texas (hence the nickname: "Texas Prestige"). I believe the MSRP was around $2999…made in the J-Custom Shop.

- Mahogany body w/ natural highly flamed top and cream binding
- Slightly beefier than Wizard maple neck with volute, AANJ
- Ebony fretboard with real abalone dot inlays
- Dimarzio pickups
- Satin gold hardware
- Lo-Pro Edge, whammy bar, & original strap locks
- UV1000C hard case

The build quality is super on this guitar…tops among the Ibanezes I've owned (Prestige, J-Custom, USRG, etc.). As far as condition, I'd say 9/10. Really the only finish issues that keep in from "excellent" or "near-mint" are three clearcoat "bruises"-one on the lower horn tip, and two along the bottom edge. Slight fretwear on the first 4-5 frets.

Plays like a dream, and sounds fantastic…even unplugged chords ring out and sustain.

Tons of pics (indoor and out) here: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k293/gkelm/Ibanez RG PR1/

Looking for $1800 shipped/CONUS (USPS money orders preferred)

Probably not interested in trades, unless you might have a Historic R0.

Thanks for checking it out!
Greg

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I wish you were in the UK. :(
I just couldn't afford the shipping and tax and stuff to get it over here at the moment unfortunately.

I always loved these Texas Prestige models and out of the various colours i think this, the natural finish, is by far the nicest.
If i remember correctly the other colours had abalone binding around the edge of the body which was a bit much.
Why Ibanez don't make guitars with ebony boards any more i'll never get. It just looks stunning!

Good luck with the sale anyway man.
She's a beauty!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kudos in the guitar, JTM45.

Mods, please lock this...I think it's time to move it to another venue.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.