Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 Ibanez 540R SK Shocking Pink

540R SHOCKING PINK !!! MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!

I'm starting this off at $1540 and looking to see what offers come in. I'm flexible on price and I'd like to see this go to an Ibanez collector who has been looking for one of these for a while, as it's a very rare one.

The 540RSK was in the 1988 Ibanez catalog but it sure doesn't seem like very many were made because they simply never pop up. Here's the 540R page from the 1988 catalog, courtesy of Rich Harris' Ibanez Rules:

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1988/r_3.jpg

The guy I bought this from told me that this guitar was previously owned by Dave "Snake" Sabo of Skid Row, who played this guitar during the "Slave to the Grind" tour of Japan in 1992 and the guitar was retired and closeted soon thereafter. I was unable to verify if any of that is true, but that's the story it came with. It wasn't a big selling point for me, so I didn't really press the guy about it. I was more excited about the SHOCKING PINK! This is overall in great condition with the notable exception of a slight crack behind the locking nut. It's just a little gash and not terrible. It doesn't seem to affect playability at all and looks stable to me. I took several up close HD pictures so that you can see for yourself.

This guitar is truly stunning in person. The pink paint is awesome and unfaded. This 540RSK has the ULTRA neck, not the Wizard neck. All 540R guitars had the thicker ULTRA neck, so don't be surprised to find that it's not at all a thin neck.

This will ship in a hardshell case to the Continental US only.
Send me a message and I'll send you some HD pics.

540R SHOCKING PINK !!! MAKE ME AN OFFER!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.