Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got a beautiful 'mint' condition '88 Root Beer Jem (7RB) that I bought from a fellow forum member late last year - it's in a pristine, virtually unplayed state and of all the RB's I've seen has the most beautiful wood grain and colour. I actually picked up another beat up RB just before it and never really got around to this beauty. I did give it a test run when it came in - it sounds great and the neck is incredible to play, but I can't justify holding onto it if I'm not really going to be digging in (and I'm certainly not much of a collector)! In any case - I've got to sell a few things to be able to do some necessary studio upgrades, and so I figured I'd find this guitar a new pair of loving hands before I get attached.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0z0wyvcfv...nwJX5bkoa?dl=0

As per the original listing, the guitar is in astounding condition and the only things to note are:

- The straplocks are not original (and are Dunlop straplocks)
- The volume and tone knobs are not original
- The original listing I saw also mentioned that there is some slight fogging in the clear coat below the trem, but I don't see this at all and it might've just been that the surface needed a wipe-down

I should also add that the guitar's got a vibe. A lot of 'untouched' or brand new guitars have a sterile quality to them but not this one - I don't know how much it's actually been played over the years but once again, as you'll see from the photos, it doesn't look like it's been played at all. If anyone's interested I can also send along the original Reverb listing the previous owner sent me - just send me a PM.

All things considered I'm asking for $2500 - let me know if you're interested!

Ps. Comes in its original hardshell case as pictured.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.