10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale: Custom guitar.
Description & Condition: Used.
Asking Price: See description below.
My Location: Philadelphia
Terms of Sale/Purchase: ?

Description.

I've spent just about $1200.00 constructing my ibanez dream axe.. I will start off saying there is not one junk part on this guitar. American wizard profile neck has white binding on the neck and headstock all the way round. Sharktooth inlays. 24 frets. Large sized crowned frets that are butter smooth.*Zero fret ware. Colorful Brazillian rosewood fingerboard. Cosmo tuners and locking nut. Only has a few small hardly noticable scratches on the headstock from changing strings. I personally setup the action which I prefer very low. NO Buzz, none! I swear this to you.. The body is dark metallic blue from an early ibanez prestige model? so I was told, which I obtained at a guitarshow last year. Has some small chips (see pictures). Standard neck cavity with the nice shaping around the neck plate. Has Cast usa neck plate "bensalem pa" address. No serial number on neckplate. At the moment I put a black liscensed floyd rose (brass) with the string through saddles. I have a LOW-TRSII Cosmo floyd rose which I will include. The guitar has all Cosmo finish except the bridge at the moment. Cosmo gotoh tuners, locking nut, string bar, pickup rings, volume and tone knobs. Equipped with Schaller Straplocks. I don't have a matching tremolo arm, It was the one thing I just couldnt find in cosmo... I am including 2 trem arms for the black floyd. One is straightend ala' Joe Satriani syle and the other is a standard strat trem arm so you get the best of both worlds. It has the locking style tremolo pins. I will also toss in a NOS ibanez backstop. New, never installed ever, Perfect condition.

Pickups.
1988 Di-marzio humbuckers in the neck and bridge, Single coil seymour duncan SD1 from the mid 80's right inbetween. You can get that full on fender sound and still get classic JEM scream and tone with the humbuckers. I will include a barely used set of EMG-89's.. These are amazing emgs, unlike emg 81s these EMG89's can be coil tapped. The have the same great tone of the 81's but with more. The guitar is wired with the standard ibanez hookup, 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 5-way with auto coil tap.

I did use original RG-770 pots and 5 way switch. My project started out as an RG770 clone but I liked the pickguardless bodies better for some reason. Its killing me to sell this guitar but I just bought a mesa boogie 2x12 combo and a Les paul premium plus and I have another fusion guitar. As for a case. I work at a music company, I can get you an amazing deal on any brand new SKB, TKL or Molded case let me know how you want to proceed on this.

At the moment I would like to get $1000 for this guitar and all the goodies.. Its worth it. Your sitting there thinking about my first sentence saying I spent $1200 but I need to move this quickly and I'm tossing in the extra parts just because I dont need them. The 2 pickups , backstop, cosmo trem are probably at least $400 value on some auction sites I visit. I'd like to see this go to a home.

Overall I give this guitar a 8.9 outa 10 condition. It has very few dinks and doinks and there arent but a few minor picking scratches. The neck is flawless. Please feel free to email me anytime. I check my mail on an hourly basis.*I will leave this active on jemsite for a few days, if I get no action here I have to put it up for auction.

I will package and ship this guitar with Fedex or Dhl your choice for Cost plus $7.50 for packing material, box , bubble foam etc.
Anywhere. US Funds only please. I do accept paypal or postal money orders.

I have posted pictures on the following URL.
http://www.spindlewebworks.com/images/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it on **** last year, I paid over $380 for it.. I have 3 other guitars with brazillian rose wood. This appears to be the same stuff.. Has the right look, tone and that color that brazillian has.. This is quite possibly the nicest ibanez neck I've ever played. Its bound on the neck and headstock, the profile is nice, the frets are amazing. I've called hoshino before to try and get answers to questions about this necks origin and I've been put on hold for great periods of time..

If you know any other way to tell if its brazillian rosewood let me know and I will do it.

Thanks for your interest. I also forgot to put in my advertisement that I will be taking offers also..

:)

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
If it's a real Ibanez RG neck, it isn't a Brazillian rosewood fretboard. What are the markings on the neck heel? Also, what are the markings on the body in the neck cavity? Prestige RG bodies are all AANJ, though Prestige really only applies to the neck anyway. What kind of DiMarzios are in it?

Did you try fitting an Edge in this, and if so, did it fit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
The Neck heel just has a "U" on it... I need to pull off the neck, Im pretty sure the neck pocket has 2 numbers on it. I dont think its an run of the mill rg neck.. Just because Every RG I've ever seen didnt have a neck this nice..
I know some rg's have inlay etc, but I've never seen inlay, + binding + binding.. And the nice rosewood. Thats why I bought it.

As for the tremolos. I've only fitted the Black Floyd I have on there now and that Cosmo TRS2 I have was fitted but never installed. I like the string through bridge better. I just have the cosmo trs for good measure.

The Floyd cavity is pretty big, I'm not sure if a Edge would fit?. As for the di-marzios, I dont know what model they are. I bought them at the same guitar show where the body came from. They were labled dimarzio humbuckers mid 80's. They sound really good to me, You can get straight piercing tone or hendrix strat like tone out of this guitar.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I think we all have a few thoughts about this particular custom, so let's not let this deteriorate with speculation or piling on. By all means feel free to ask specific questions about the instrument in question and available parts, or talk money. But otherwise..... ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
jim777 said:
I think we all have a few thoughts about this particular custom, so let's not let this deteriorate with speculation or piling on. By all means feel free to ask specific questions about the instrument in question and available parts, or talk money. But otherwise..... ;)
I apologize you are correct Jim777... after I hit send I rethought but there was no way to retract...good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its going on e-b-ay shortly.. I need to move it.

Someone else will get it :)

For good measure if I have time I will take the neck off and Show you nay-sayers its wierd heel and body markings.
Its not an RG450 body, and an RG7XX neck.

:p

Thanks for the bash on my project, I do appriciate it...

I will wait for your resale. Whens the 1959 Squier Go up for sale?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.