Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black w/ silver poles, work/look great, just not my preference.

The leads have at least 9" of useable length.

$60 each shipped, $110 for both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I may be interested if I end up wanting to change the stock pickups out of my Suhr that I just ordered. It'll be here late next week (their Modern Satin, HH with Floyd Rose).

Just curious, what kind of guitar did you have them in, and what didn't you like about them? You can be honest, I've already played with these exact pickups in my Ibanez and I liked em. I'm just wondering how much different they'll sound in my Suhr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! I love that cherry red color on the Modern Satin, gorgeous guitar. Can't say how they'll sound, every guitar is different. Although I lack a Suhr for comparison, in my experience there are similar model guitars with PAF Pro bridges that sound ok, and some that sound amazing.

These were from a RG1520 that's been tweaked to more closely match another guitar with different pickups. The Liquifier and Crunch Lab sound great, both have a particular character, but more like a 3/8th wrench when I need a 5/16th. Everything else going into the live rig behaves with the other guitar, so the overall tonal and output similarity is more important for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ah, I got it. I may actually like the pickups that come with the Suhr, but I just don't know yet. If they end up being a bit too mellow, I think your pickups would be a good fit. Just a little more output, and I know I like the EQ of both those pickups.

But the guitar will be here tomorrow! So I'll be able to let you know soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts