Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale: I have 2 guitars for sale. First is a late 80's ESP (not LTD) Horizon Custom. The other is a 2004 Ibanez Iceman IC400 with EMG's.

Description & Condition:
ESP: Japanese made. Maple neck with swamp ash wings, I believe. Magenta finish, looks like a pink pearl finish. Neckthrough. 24 fret ebony board with no inlays. Jackson style headstock. Chrome finish. ESP Floyd trem. 1 single in the neck and 1 hum in the bridge. 2 volumes and 1 tone and a 3 way switch. Carved top. Some chips on the edge of the body and some dinks on the face. Chip in the tip of the headstock. No trem bar. Some fretware, but lots of life still left. Has been played but not abused. Has massive tone. Don't know the pickups but they are very high output. Excellent guitar for a re-fin. Comes with a generic HSC...

Iceman: Black set-neck IC-400. Korean made but very well done. Paralelogram type inlays. Stop bar tailpiece. 2 volumes and 2 tones with a 3 way switch. 22 fret rosewood fretboard. Mahogany body and neck. Full body, neck and headstock binding. Has EMG's installed, 85 in the neck and 81 in the bridge. Have the original AH hums and guts as well. Excellent shape. Comes with a nice Ibanez IC case...

Asking Price:
ESP: $500 shipped
Iceman: $450 shipped

My Location: Des Moines, Iowa

Terms of Sale/Purchase: No paypal. Can do just about anything else...

Other Information: Email for more info. Should have pics soon...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, didn't see your post. I don't think it's from the Custom Shop. Don't really know enough about ESP's to tell but I'm sure there would be some Custom Shop designation on it. There is not...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
That guitar is from the days when pretty much all ESPs were custom shop quality. I think that was a standard model but there weren't as many ESPs made in those days as there are now and they were all expensive.

Sorry for the "conversational" post.

Roger

·
Registered
300 Posts
Alright, I was just wondering because of the Jackson headstock, obviously not a Jackson haha. Beautiful guitar though (except for the color though).

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was one of ESP's original headstock shapes. The 3 per side, fugly teardrop one they use now came a bit after. Problems with Jackson I think forced the change...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't really tell from the picture whether the ESP's finish is chipped or if it's just lighting. You said it was good for a refin, but how is it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ankalar,
The white are flash reflections. The dents on the face of the guitar don't show up on the pic. Some edge chips too. As for the refin comment, I would have made that comment even if it was mint. Just because the color is not for some. But in person, it is a rather striking color...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmm...that's really tempting. Pink being my favorite color. I have to pass now though, I don't need any more guitars at the moment. If it's still around in a couple weeks I'd be interested, but I can't now. Good luck with the sale, man; awesome guitar!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.