Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez RG2027xvv with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Modifications (if any):please read the description
Accessories (hardshell case etc): HSC(not Ibanez), trem bar and original parts that I replaced
Location (City,State or City,Country): Chicago, IL
Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM
References Required (eBay or other forum userid):
zeuchmao on ebay and zeuch on SS.org(100% feedback)
Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
$1550$ shipped with the BKPs, or 1300$ shipped with original Ibanez PU

A discoutinued RG2027 from 2000 in beautiful vintage violin finish, the body shows very nice wood grain of mahogany. I have owned several and this one is superior. It has a very nice weight/balance and reasonants as well as my les paul. This model is very well known because of its perfect shaped 3-piece Wizard prestige neck. The fret work is also top notch comparing to a bunch of recent prestiges I tried.
There are several upgrades to make it play even better:
1, replaced the pickups with a set of Bare Knuckle Aftermaths (gold pole), which are known for the insane clarity. Those are directly ordered from UK and costs over 300$.
2, replaced the stock Ibanez tone block with a brass tone block, which makes the guitar sound fuller and tighter.
3, installed a brass trem stopper, which holds the bridge at "dive only" place. It makes de-tuning and string changing a breeze.
4, the back of neck was slightly sanded off and finished with a thin layer of gun stock oil and wax by the previous owner, with makes it super smooth to play. Since the finish feels too thin, I did put another layer of tru-oil just to protect the neck.
I don't play seven string as often so I'm trying to find someone who loves it more than I do. Overall it is in good players condition for a 12 yr old guitar., there are few dents, mainly on the edge. The frets shows little wear and have been nicely dressed. If you want a unique 7-string looker and working horse, this is for you. $1550$ shipped within US, if you don't want/like the Bareknuckles, I will be happy to keep them and cut 250$ off the total price.
I will consider trading it for Mesa Mark IV or Mark V head/combo, Axe FX, Fender American Deluxe Strat or 62RI. Please contact me for pictures or if you have any question, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.