Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is my Bartolex SRS7Cel 7 string classical guitar. I was going to use this guitar to play background gigs but quickly realized those kinds of gigs weren't for me. I have two 7 string concert guitars to keep me busy and i just bought rather large amp that takes up alot of floor space so this guitar needs a new home!

Since this is such a rare guitar I want to be completely transparent and give you full disclosure on what this guitar IS, and what this guitar IS NOT. (Forgive me if you think this is overkill, I just graduated with a Masters in Guitar Performance so I'm a big nerd about classical guitars.) When I bought this guitar, it was hard to find an inexpensive (relatively) 7 string classical guitar manufacturer. Bartolex was one of the only brands I could find that made 7 string classicals and offered the features I needed. It was still a risky purchase because I had never heard of the brand and the guitar cost the same as a used Jem!

One of the benefits of electric/classical guitars is the action is set so low that everything feels effortless to play! This guitar fits in the same mold and since it has a cutaway, it makes playing past the 12th fret equally effortless. The drawback to electric/classical guitars is that they do not sound as good as a standard classical guitar in the same price range. Part of this is due to the action and the assumption the guitar will be amplified. This guitar is great for gigs, jamming with friends, something to practice on, or when you simply need a classical guitar sound for a recording. It is not a guitar I would ever choose to perform a solo recital on. It wasn't built for that purpose. This is a perfect guitar for someone who has wanted to try an acoustic 7 string but doesn't want to risk $1500 on a guitar they may not like.

When I purchased the guitar the price was around $1100 new. So clearly the prices have gone up. Concert classical guitars generally appreciate in value but that price range starts at around $4,000. This is not a concert classical guitar. This guitar is more expensive now simply because everything is more expensive now.

Thank you for reading my novel! :) Below are the specs and pics:

Specs:
- Condition: Mint
- Scale Length: 650mm
- Solid Spruce Top
- East Indian Rosewood Back/Sides
- Cutaway
- BBand Pickup System (requires 9v)
- Hardshell Case
- Current New Price - $1,549
- My Price - $725 obo shipped in CONUS. I will ship international if buyer pays shipping.

The 7th string is tuned to B and I use a D'Addario .54 gauge which works quite well. A .56 gauge would work too as long as it fits through the bridge. If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will be happy to answer them.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add trades:

Trades + Cash
Pair of EMG 808x's
Studio monitors
Matched stereo mic's and high quality mic preamp
Ernie Ball 25k Volume Pedal for active pickups

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, is this still available? I've been seeking to buy a 7-string classical for some time, i have a unique playing style - I studied jazz with Charlie Byrd, classical with Christopher Parkening & Stuart Fox, african & balkan guitar with Miroslav Tadic at CalArts, & I also play 20 string Indian slide guitar, having studied in India. Please let me know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.