Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale:Ibanez 7BSB with original hard shell case

Description & Condition: This is player condition BSB with custom Alnico pickups in it, there is slight damage to the scrathplate and slight wear here and there (as you all know it happens with these things) Really nice low action, but could benefit from a fret dress. Also screw inlay on the 5th fret seems raised slightly and I mean slightly, doesn't even come close to affecting the action (I'm selling this for a mate so I'm being hyper-critical here, not that I wouldn't be otherwise, lol!) Pics will be available on request

Asking Price: £850 plus shipping, offers and trades are welcome but keep it Jem-only on the trades please :)

My Location: Manchester UK

Terms of Sale/Purchase: This is for guys in the UK only unfortunately.

Other Information:If paying by PayPal please add the 4%, cheque may be preferable.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just been informed by the guy I'm selling it for that there was a repair done at one time to the scarf joint (the joint behind the 3rd fret)

It in no way affects the playability and isn't noticable but it must be mentioned, it can be felt (ever so slightly!) if you rub your finger along the line but I didn't notice it when I was trying it out so there you go... honesty is the best policy :)

Anyone who want pictures of the joint can see for themselves.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With work done to it, yes, plus it didn't actually go for £550. Look to see it was ended early the guy I'm selling it for struck a deal with him but was unimpressed with the state of it so had it touched up.

Not sure what you are trying to pull there but if its putting off potential buyers/traders then thats pretty bad form. I'm trying to do right by people here and I'd appreciate you keeping your nose out, the description is 100% accurate I've tried it out for myself. You must think I'm stupid to sell a guitar that I KNEW was being watched (by my brother if it matters that much) on **** without making sure the guitar was up to scratch. I know what a tight knit community this is, I also know how people like to check prices (quite right too) so what are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it was honest question a PM was the right way to go.

If there is anything else you want to take up, PM me, otherwise butt out. These are forums for classified ads, not tell-tales.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll also add that if anyone decides they'd like the guitar and aren't satisfied with the condition and description I have given when it arrives, I will give a complete 100 % refund.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
That would be your assumtion. On the other hand having the original sellers description as part of the thread would be more pertinent. Any potential buyer would evaluate whether the price you're asking was worth it for them or not. Either way [and even if it was to show **** sales price], your return attitude toward Algiman was uncalled for.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not at all, I'm a straight up guy and wouldn't rip anyone off, but it was blatant to other people (not just myself) that he was trying to sabotage that advert.

Do you SERIOUSLY think he wanted to buy the guitar or show me up? (when again, I'm doing someone a favour)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I can promise you I was not trying to sabotage the advert. Had you remained civil you may have found out why I was asking.

I wish you well with the sale, but you are not endearing yourself to any potential buyers with this level of aggression and nasty accusations.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you are trying to paint me as a bad guy here, fine, but all I'm doing is defending myself because I'm sick of people that'll hide behind there keyboards and make remarks that they wouldn't if you were face to face with them. I'm doing somebody a favour and I've told the truth. I've offered people a refund if they aren't happy with it. (looks like it'll have to go back to the bay)

There is no aggression, just sicking up for myself because like I say (and a lot of people will have put up with it in the past) people like to make comments when they know they're out of arms reach.

Buyers most probably aren't interested now, and I don't blame them, but maybe you should think about PMing someone if you've got a problem/question,etc.

Like I say I'm a straight up guy, treat others how you want to be treated and all that, but how do you expect someone to react?

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
Ibanez249 said:
Like I say I'm a straight up guy, treat others how you want to be treated and all that, but how do you expect someone to react?
He asked a straight question that is allowed in the forum and evidently hit a nerve with you enough to where you retunred [and still are] allot of attitude. If nobody is interested i'd look in your own house for the reason why.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
Again, past sales history is a perfectly acceptible question. Only he knows the reason he asked, but you assume what you wish. You obviously already have. That and your attitude back are what hurt this thread, not his question!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well thanks for your opinion, I've already had other people me their' via e-mail so I'm not alone and we can agree to disagree. And I will assume what I wish because we all do that, it's human nature.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.