Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a scam attempt via evilbay, more idiots and yet more wasted time, thought I'd see if there was any interest in this one here.

This one started out life as a 1991 RG570.

It was refinished in white, a B/W/B (3 ply) pickguard was added and It's standard Humbuckers have been upgraded to DiMarzio Evolutions, whilst if memory serves me correctly, the single is still as standard. The Evo's are actually finished in black so I added some white stick on Bobbin toppers just for visual effect.

It has black hardware which is all in excellent condition, including an Edge trem.

A full Pearloid vine inlay has been fitted.

The guitar however, does need some attention:

The Fretboard could do with re-staining as the in-fills where the original fret dots were, have become visible.

The upper frets need levelling. (99% are fine, just a few at the upper register or dusty end as I call it)

In need of a rear trem cavity cover plate

There's a Lacquer crack on the edge of the body.

Comes complete with an Ibanez hardcase with a broken latch, DiMarzio Cliplock strap and whammy bar.

Looking for around £325 or Interesting trade offers considered.

Am prepared to post but would prefer collection or I'll deliver for an agreed price, or we can arrange a half way meet.

Please feel free to pm any questions or for pics or further info.

Cheers

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Alex.
Both this and the RG570CTTB I had on were bought by a new user (myra2770) in the dying minutes, leaving me no time no cancel their bids.

They sent me a name and address for postage which we looked up and the (former) owner/occupiers details stated the person was deceased. We contacted Evilbay to alert them but by that time this idiot had also done the same to a few other folk, one for some gear at over £1800. They also hacked a different account, stating they had actually paid for the items via paypal.

I'm done with these on evilbay for now, so thought I would try first this RG, then the CTTB later on.

*MODS*

Please accept my apologies if this is classed as conversation, I always abide by the rules but I'm a little concerned that if anyone here had spotted the auction, they might think there was something dodgy going on as these guitars had "sold". Alex has given me the oppurtunity to explain the situation.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Think it's there, here's a few more:

Sorry for the multiple posts guys.

Cheers
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status