Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to thin the heard a little, just for a bit of a change….Some don't get played anymore, some I have more than one of…… some I'm not very keen to let go at all!!! But before I fully decide what are staying and what are going, I will put some stuff up for trade to see what I can lure out! Some I will just put a price on. If after a few weeks no trades I fancy come up, I will decide which if any are on the sale block and post prices as per forum rules. I am in no rush, so if there is something you fancy or have a trade that you can't do just yet, I probably won't mind waiting.

I will ship to most countries, it would be great to sell or swap with more Aussies though! For the UK and Europe, I am going on a trip back home in mid June, so that may provide an opportunity for something without the usual shipping hassles…. So that could be fun….. but I can only carry two guitars.

What I am looking for…..
Ibanez Jems (DNA, PMC, GMC, DY, SK, LNG, maybe others or customs) PGMs, JCs, Chromeboys…
Suhr (I will consider most!)
PRS (especially something out of the ordinary or killer topped!)
A Nash… not tried one yet!
Fender (50's - 63 Strats and Teles….or Custom Shop)
Others… I would consider most things, let me know what you have…. I am mainly looking for good condition, high quality guitars (unless it is a vintage or a relic!).
Amps: maybe.

Here are the guitars that are up on the Block
Ibanez Jem 77 BRMR
Ibanez Jem 7 PBK
Suhr Standard Quilt Top
Jackson PC1 Quilt Fretboard and Koa
Melancon NAMM Sow
PRS Private Stock McCarty, Braz Neck, Ebony Board
PRS Private Stock Hollowbody II Burl Monster
PRS Modern Eagle Stoptail FBJ
PRS Modern Eagle Singlecut Trem FBJ
PRS Singlecut Artist Pack Trans Black
PRS Singlecut Trem Rosewood (Limited Run)
PRS West St Ltd (not arrived yet …. But paid for!!)
Performance Flame
Epiphone Les Paul
Tyalor Baby
Fender 57/62 Special Run Flame Top( with additional Suhr P-ups)

Below are some pics and a bit of info…. Drop me a mail and I will be happy to tell you more!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ibanez Jem 77 BRMR
A super cool guitar and looks better on stage than almost any other guitar! I have another one of these so this has about 10mins playtime on it… still has all the Tags on, factory strings and set-up I don't think this is rare enough to ship outside Aus.Au$2600

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/timmyleewalls/P1010077-1.jpg[img/]

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/timmyleewalls/P1010072-1.jpg[img/]

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/timmyleewalls/P1010076-1.jpg[img/]

[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/timmyleewalls/P1010084.jpg[img/]

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ibanez Jem 7 PBK
She's a player, some pitting on the trem… some discolouration on the P-ups, there are a 2 small dings (not on the front) , some indentations on the body, but she still looks great from a foot away, and looks awesome after a polish (oooh black… love it/hate it!). She has a million miles on her from her previous owner and myself… she has neck joint finish cracks on either side, and has a repair to the neck, in the usual place, behind the nut. This was done by the previous owner. I always figured I would get it re-glued…. But that was about 8 or 9 years ago…. and I have never needed to.
Now on the plus side!! She plays awesome, the neck is really worn in for playing, she has the thinnest neck out of any jem I have ever had, and I have had……. More than I want to count!! LOL!! She's all original, the only mod is that the previous owner put one of those little tool holders on the back of the headstock. Oh she has had a fret level but I think they are the original frets (I certainly have had no re-fret work done on her!) I can't say enough how great she plays….. I have played her more than all the fancy jems I've had. If you want a great players jem, that still looks good (while they weren't as flash as the 777 at the time these age so much more gracefully) and has the best neck, this one is for you. Some people won't understand, But I love this guitar and I know a few of you will to!! AUS$1650 (I will see if any trades come up first though!! Probably want to keep this in Aus, not really worth shipping and factoring in the strong Aussie dollar….. unless you want a trade)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suhr Standard Quilt Top
A mega guitar…. I have some Suhrs on order, which is the only reason this is even on the list!! Mega Quilt Top, Birds-eye neck, 1-off color. Plays and sounds superb. I bought this from Hawaii and the air reliced the bridge and P-up cover, but that is the only condition issue and you could replace those parts if you could put it down long enough!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jackson PC1
An early Jackson PC1…. But not your run of the mill PC1(not that the current PC1 is all that run of the mill!!) it is quite different from the current production model. This particular one was picked out by Tim (Jackson's Custom Shop) manager for a good collector friend of mine (who is a good friend of Tim's) as the best from a NAMM show run. The production model now is stunning and has a Maghogany body, 3A Maple Top and a Flame neck. This girl however, goes a few further steps!! It has a Solid KOA Body (with a grain that really dances) and a killer 5A Quilt Maple Top. To top it off a stunning 5A Quilt board sits on top of a hard rock (bolt-on) maple neck. The neck just has a light oil finish so is super smooth and feels divine and superfast. Profile is more 60s strat and very comfy… quite flat 12-16" compound radius and Medium Jumbo frets. Plays awesome!

The Pick-ups are H-S-S Config, DiMarzio Super 3 at the bridge, DiMarzio HS2 single. The front pick-up also has a built-in Sutainer!! The sustainer is great!! Waaaaahhoooooowweeeeewaaaaahhooooo and other such fun things to do with infinite sustain!! Also very useful for ebow type lines without the hassle of the ebow, so great for string effects and backing guitar. With a bit of Chorus or Flanger you can get great synth type tones in a simple band situation…all kinds of stuff. It also has a harmonic exciter…and all kinds of electronic jiggery-pokery!! All factory fitted. Truly a guitar that can do everything you will ever need and then some!! Even if you don't scoop this one you should check out the current production PC1 as it is a much under-hyped guitar... very different to what you think of as a 'Jackson' they feel more like the early Charvels to me. A real collectable piece!!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Melancon NAMM Show
Such a fine guitar, this is a Gerard-made NAMM Show guitar and is just a superb instrument whatever style you play. I could not speak highly enough about this brand, the company is excellent. Stunning blue-burst figured maple top, one-piece Louisiana Swamp Ash back. Melancon get THE best Swamp Ash bar none. I bought this guitar from Aaron Cheney, who in addition to being a thoroughly nice chap, is also a recording artist…. Check out one of his albums or in a show near you!!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PRS Private Stock McCarty, Braz Neck, Ebony Board
One-piece Quilt Top, Tiger eye stain, Brazilian Neck, Black Ebony Board, Mammoth Ivory Birds with Gold outlines….. in short, this is the full package!! Stunning!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PRS Private Stock Hollowbody II Burl Monster
The Top and back are the same piece of the most extraordinary flame/burl/quilt maple, full neck purfling, piezo. Everyone always says that the 'pics don't do it justice' and I try to avoid the phrase…. I will say that, I have had the privilege of owning a large amount of stunning guitars, and I have to say that this is possibly the most beautiful instrument on the planet!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PRS Modern Eagle Stoptail FBJ
Super Light and killer topped modern Eagle, the best production set-neck guitar released this millenium…

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PRS Modern Eagle Singlecut Trem FBJ
Another great topped Braz neck monster. This guitars plays so smooth, and has a real bite to it's tone. It is an awesome rock guitar!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PRS Singlecut Artist Pack Trans Black
Monster quilt and an absolutely disgustingly fine fretboard on this puppy, since the rosewood necked SCs came into the picture I haven't played this that much… which is an absolute crime!!

I will get some more pics up soon!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PRS Singlecut Trem Rosewood (Limited Run)
Vintage Natural is my fave color at the moment….. sometimes this guitar looks like a mega quilt… sometimes a plaintop, sometimes almost opaque, just depends on the angle. Smooooooth rosewood neck. The SCT is now discontinued and the RW neck was a limited run for a few dealers. I love this guitar! Only one of either this or the MESCT will be leaving, and I don't mind if both stay!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PRS West St Ltd (not arrived yet …. But ordered and paid for!!)
Errrrrr….. not seen it yet, but if you are interested, let me know!

Epiphone Les Paul
Maybe not the calibre of some of these guitars, but a very honest guitar, and a looker that puts much more expensive Les Pauls to shame! Only selling as it was a present from the ex-wife…. won’t go into details!!! I don’t follow the price of these, but I will say Au$450 and see how that goes.

Tyalor Baby
It’s a Taylor Baby. Barely played…. Excellent little acoustic, great for parties!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet guitar which I believe was a special order US Vintage 57/62 Flame top for a Japanese Dealer. Comes with Suhr Pick-ups that have just been installed and the original pups all wired to a separate guard, so you get both sets…. Killer guitar!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Interested in this Strat, is it MIJ or US?

Do you have a price? You might want to add prices to the rest before mods come along...

Cheers
Peter

Sweet guitar which I believe was a special order US Vintage 57/62 Flame top for a Japanese Dealer. Comes with Suhr Pick-ups that have just been installed and the original pups all wired to a separate guard, so you get both sets…. Killer guitar!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interested in this Strat, is it MIJ or US?

Do you have a price? You might want to add prices to the rest before mods come along...

Cheers
Peter
Hi Peter,

the Strat is US, just a special Run for a Japanese store.... sorry for the confusion.

As for Prices..... unless I wrote a price on, I am more interested in a trade in teh first instance. I usually put a trade ad up before I go back to the US or UK as it makes it easier and adds a bit of excitement to the trip!!

Also , it really isn't the time to sell a guitar to the US at the moment (with the US$ being so weak and the Aussie being so strong), so a trade just seems more likely.

If no trades come up for teh Fender I will post a price for you if I decide to sell.

Thanks

Tim

1 - 20 of 49 Posts