Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, for sale here is an awsome looking Jem DNA replacement body... I purchased it recently as a first step in a project but realized shortly afterwards that I would rather save for a BSB or 10th... So if anyone is interested in making a special looking DNA for a fraction of the price of a new one from Ibanez, this is for you...

PICTURES ON THIS SITE - http://community.webshots.com/user/thejemstore
*dont mind the floral, its not for sale*

specs - NEW, no dings, chips etc... routed for HSH, floyd rose trem, Ibanez AANJ neck and your basic pots and switch, rear routing on side

now im not saying its ready to go, the paint is fine and is there to stay but it feels like it'd need a coating of clear coat or whatever they put on swirls to make them smooth, some areas of it have a perfect covering and some are a little rough... its not like you can peel the paint off or anything, its a nicely done job... so it would take minimal craftsmanship and a couple bucks to get that stuff and i assume you just sand and buff it until its nice and even (plenty of sites give step by step instructions for that) its got a perfect monkey grip, lions claw and rear jack hole so its just like a jem assembled by Ibanez...

Im not really looking to make profit on this so I would accept $300.00 (which is around what some ask for, for Ibanez AANJ necks...) which would include shipping in the US. If you'd like to make an offer, I may consider it, write me here or at my email which I check more often - [email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The whole thing is quite smooth, it was definately coated at least once, it just needs maybe one or so more so that it would feel perfectly smooth... I may be able to get some high res pictures tonight but as for the finish, no part of it is like raw paint and in need of serious work, its been coated once, id say its a little more than half way to being perfectly smooth with some coating and light sanding.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is anyone interested or can I go ahead and list it on you know where... not that I mind that at all, like so many people here do for some reason, like I said, it needs a brush, can of polyurethane coat which I found in my garage its so common, some sandpaper and an hour to two, there are 100 sites that tell you how to easily finish it, its barely rough and finishing it is ALMOST a luxury, its not raw, and I compared its body to that of my floral and its perfectly proportional, so pretty much anyone who took a ceramics or tech shop class should be able to finish it fine, $300 shipped and insured in US, ill consider offers and I prefer not to ship overseas... ill wait another day then if your interested you can bid on it on ebey in a few, thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.