1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale:
Mesa Boogie 1x12" Rectoverb v1 combo

Description & Condition:
Arguably one of the best and most versatile combos ever made. This is a version 1 model which many Mesa fanatics say is better tonally than the v2 model, the difference between the models is that this only take 6L6's power tubes and has 2 modes on the lead channel as opposed to 3 on the v2.

Brand new this amp cost the best part of £1500 and you will be lucky to get one second hand for less than £1000, my price of £750 is a bargain.

Condition

The amp is in excellent condition, it has a couple of small marks on covering, I would rate it as 9.5+ / 10 (and I am fussy). It has recently had new power tubes in the form of Electro Harmonix 6L6GC's which are what Boogie use (I also have the original Boogie tubes which you can have too), everything works and sounds as it should.

The specs:

* Handbuilt in the USA
* 50 Watts, Class A/B Power / 2x6L6, 5x12AX7
* 2 Channels, 4 Modes (Channel 1= Clean or Pushed, Channel 2= Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
* Independent Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb and Master Controls per Channel
* Spring Reverb
* Output Level Control (over all channels)
* Solo Level Control
* Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Control
* Slave Out
* 3 Button Footswitch (Channel, Solo & Reverb)
* 1x12" speaker in unique 3/4 closed back cabinet for superb bass response and soud.

What does this mean?

Essentially the amp has 2 modes per channel (making a 4 channel amp), the clean side of things has the option of "clean" or "pushed", clean is where the pristine cleans can be found (v similar to classic Fender clean) whilst the "pushed" side has a more dirty vibe ala Keith Richards or Stevie Ray Vaughan - a great blues vibe can be found here - the 2 voicings are selected by a selector switch on the amp control panel. The clean channel has its own EQ (treb, mid, bass, pres), reverb, gain and master volume controls.

The lead channel again has 2 modes (vintage and modern), the vintage side is home to your Santana, jazz fusion, 70's rock tones, very expressive and dynamically great in regards to pick attack. The modern side of the channel is home to stunning Boogie distortion, everthing from John Petrucci type fluidity to nu-metal madness is here. As with the clean channel there are EQ (treb, mid, bass, pres), reverb, gain and master volume controls. The modes are again selected via a toggle switch on the amps control panel.

Ok so you have you clean and dirty sounds dialled in, what do you have from here? Well if your fed up of not getting your ego to fully realise itself when it comes to solo time via the footswitch you can select the lead boost, this does not change the tones you have dialled in but raises the volume via your setting on a second overall master volume - neat.

As mentioned in the specs above there is a parallel fx loop which works incredibly well, very quiet, it also allows you to use the power amp section only to power an external preamp device if wanted. There is a slave out option as well as the option to use external speaker cabs (rated at 4 ohms) if you want a wider sound than the combos own speaker alone.

Asking Price: £750

My Location: Plymouth, Devon, UK

Terms of Sale/Purchase: Collection only, cash or bank transfer.

Other Information: For more pictures and information on this actual amp please see the page I have made at http://www.virtuosityone.com/boogie/recto.htm

1 - 1 of 1 Posts