Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the title, I'm after a newer JEM instead and have my sites set on a 77BRMR if anyones willing to let one go? Jemsite's rules state I have to give a price regardless so I'll say £1500 inc shipping in a hard case...although I'd prefer the trade, I could always use the money to buy a 77BRMR...

I'll take some detailed pics of every part of the guitar's anatomy if anyone is genuinely interested...but for now I only have pics of me playing it live last night at a gig:

Yes I gig it, not hang it on the wall! Its sound awesome and is roughly 18 years old and has been restored and upgraded as follows:

- German Floyd Rose Original (flutters better than Edge with better tone/sustain)
- Hardware changed to black to resemble an RG20th (all genuine Gotoh/Ibanez parts...no knockoff crud)
- Rusty screws removed and replaced with new black ones
- Unique neckplate in black from an RG550 20th (serial# 070704) installed to replace heavily worn original
- DiMarzio PAF Pros are vivid pink/orange as new (no fading)
- Fretboard is a gorgeous dark 'coffee bean' rosewood (darkest I've seen before ebony) and the neon yellow vine is bright

Issues:

- In need of a general fret dress as its choking on the G and A chords (but they're audible)
- Common finish hairline crack in neck pocket (upper horn side)
- Predicatable various tiny minor laquer dings (but nothing major...laquer seems thicker and tougher on these older JEMs)
- Pots were old and scratchy so I've desoldered them, if anyone has the time and parts to replace them thats up to them. Included are the neon pink volume/tone knobs and tip (I use the cheap green ones temporarily until the pots are sorted) As a compensation for the lack of volume control I will throw in a free Morley Pro Series volume pedal worth around £80-100. As for the tone...like you need it...these guitars ARE tone! ;)

Just recently sold my JEM77FP to a happy buyer on here so feel confident!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FT: *RARE* JEM777VDY (desert yellow with matching vine) for JEM77BRMR? (+ GIG PIC

Price dropped to £1100 (inc shipping) as I've found a 77BRMR!

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Re: FT: *RARE* JEM777VDY (desert yellow with matching vine) for JEM77BRMR? (+ GIG PIC

Does the guitar ship with the original hardware (tuners, trem and neckplate) or have those been 'lost'?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've used them on a custom GMC - replaced the Edge because Floyds are superior IMO.

Does the guitar ship with the original hardware (tuners, trem and neckplate) or have those been 'lost'?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Fine then...off to eBanez! ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Fine then...off to eBanez! ;)
*UPDATE*

Meh, seems like a bad time to list a rare JEM on eBanez. I found a nice clean 77BRMR, but its not fair to the owner as he wants a sale and not a trade so I can't really do much there.

I need to buy an engagement ring for my girlfriend so I've decided to take some quick pics and give it one last shot here on Jemsite so the guitar is now FS...not FT!

Pics (can take more detailed ones based on interest):

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

As per Jemsite rules I remembered I need to post a price: £1200 sent worldwide in a hard case with the Morely volume pedal thrown in as part of the deal!

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hi, your inbox is full and thus i could not send you a pm, if you would kindly delete a few messages i would appreciate it. I would like to discuss this guitar with you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hi, your inbox is full and thus i could not send you a pm, if you would kindly delete a few messages i would appreciate it. I would like to discuss this guitar with you.
Just cleared up my inbox...thanks for reminding me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.