Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have to let this project go, I've put far too much time and money into it, and it still doesn't work to my satisfaction. I've decided to cut my losses and invest in a les paul. My loss is your gain!

The guitar is in excellent condition, no scratches or dings, very little play time.

I've had a sustainiac stealth plus professionally installed in the neck, and an F-Spaced dimarzio Fred put in the bridge. Center pickup is a factory stock dimarzio/IBZ. The routing is minimal and very clean, and the wiring is tidy. The installation of both upgrades is completely by the book.

The original factory pickguard has been replaced with a b/w/b 3 layered ibanez pickguard. The fit is flawless, and no modifications were made to make it fit. You will receive both pickguards with the guitar.

The problem:

When you disengage the sustainer, there is crazy line noise in the signal, across all three pickups. This is heavily amplified when you use distortion. When the sustainer is engaged, there are no issues and it works fantastic. I can't figure it out, my tech can't figure it out. I'm quite confident that one of you jemsite wiring geniuses will make short work of the problem, and have a fantastic guitar at your disposal. Manic Music (the manufacturer of the sustainer) has stated that they will overhaul the installation for free, provided I pay shipping on the item both ways. I'm not willing to invest any more in it. I will happily correspond with them on the behalf of the purchaser, if you would like to send it to them for repair.

I'll be taking a crapload of pictures tonight after work, post or PM your email address if you'd like to see them.

$1000. Buyer pays shipping. Ships in OHSC.

Thank you.

(While I know that probably seems high, anyone familiar with this gear will tell you I'm selling at a significant loss.)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due to lack of interest in this instrument in its current state, I've decided to send it in to maniac music for repair.

If a mod would please lock this thread, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.