Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale: Rivera TBR-1SL amp head in a 4sp TKL rack case with covers (not a roto rack but the real thing)

Description & Condition: All tube, EL34s in it now but can be biased for 6L6s. This amp simply kills everything I've owned. Fender-y clean like no other, and a gain channel that sits firmly in the void between Marshall and Mesa Boogie tones..just thick and creamy. Two power amps on these folks, yes two 60watt power sections. So you can run the preamp through one side, and your favorite rack pre, like a boogie triaxis or POD, through the other to a separate cabinet and have two amp rig, or you could slave it to you Carr 6 watt recording amp and give it a little push on the stage. It's just insanely fexible. Both sections also have effects loops and reverb, focus and presence controls on the power amp. Each channel on the preamp has the typical Rivera level of insane variability to the EQ section...you can tweak you your hearts content. Plus this thing looks badass...but it sounds even better than it looks. It's not a spring chicken but this amp is in really good shape. It could use a good cleaning and there's one pot on the rear panel that the stem is bent a bit, it still functions perfectly...but just for the sake of full disclosure.

They don't make these any more. Paul has been noted as stating if they still made these they'd have to charge in excess of $3000. They will still service these all day long though and the techs at Rivera love to see these as they are a legend at the factory in CA. Simply a fantastic piece.

Asking Price: $950 with case, shipped CONUS

My Location: St. Louis, MO

Terms of Sale/Purchase:paypal ok if you cover the 3%

Other Information:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a clarification on the power amp sections...you can bias them separately so you can run EL34s on one side and 6L6s or whatever on the other. Also you can run different speaker loads, for example I used to run my Bogner 4x12 cab from power amp B set at 16 ohms with the preamp signal coming from the Rivera, and my boogie 2 x12 cab off the A section set a 8ohms with the preamp signal coming from my Nomad combo. Set it all up with stereo effects running to each side and you're set with a true bi-amped stereo rig.

I know this is somewhat confusing for those unfamiliar with Rivera gear, so just holler if you need something answered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.