Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[highlight]Item for sale:[/highlight] Torch Telecaster, "Vintage Series", circa 1989 (Made In Japan?)

[highlight]Description & Condition:[/highlight] A picture tells a thousand words. This guitar has been refinished a couple times, and currently sports a decidedly relic'ed appearance! But don't be fooled - it plays well.

[highlight]Asking Price:[/highlight] $125US

[highlight]My Location:[/highlight] Ontario, Canada

[highlight]Terms of Sale/Purchase:[/highlight] Payment via Paypal would be preferred, but am flexible. I have very little shipping experience so would be happy to work with you on this. Shipping at your cost.

[highlight]Other Information:[/highlight] All electronics were upgraded with Fender Squier parts. Tuners were recently replaced with Gotoh's. Includes a new gigbag. Selling because I just don't use it anymore. I have a stack of other guitars, and the wife is getting a bit fed up with them all. Please - save my marriage!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i really have no idea. and about the only thing i would have to measure it with would be my wife's sewing tape measure. there's very little info on the innaweb about torch guitars, even though i do remember a few of the kids playing them as budget guitars in the late 80's.

the point of this guitar is not so much "does-it-fit-my-usual-exacting-specifications" as "wow-what-a-funky-beat-up-gitbox-for-such-a-low-price". i'm not going to lie to you: this will never be your main guitar! it'd make a great project, though, or simply a good beater. replace the nut... install your fav pickups...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm more after the neck then the rest of it lol. Just wondering if it will fit my current project which is a strat copy body. Would a telecaster style neck fit it?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
typically, a tele neck has a different shape at the heel end than a strat (tele's are flat while strat's have a curve). mind you, both can be made to fit. i am not guaranteeing this necks suitability, though.

in anticipation of mod-ular intervention, it would probably be best to discuss these things via pm/email.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.