Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I've something from the "rarer" side to offer...

1989 Paul Reed Smith Standard. Colour is Vintage Cherry. Pups are original ones (stickered Vintage Bass and HFS Treble. They were stock on Special, but became available in 1987). Features also the very sought after Brazilian rosewood fretboard. And on top of that, it's got bird inlays.
One very special thing about this particular guitar - it was a show case guitar at NAMM in 1989! Maybe that's the reason it has got the trem-up route (allows to perform floyd like pull ups), that can be considered as an upgrade.
This thing stays in tune no matter how hard You "tickle the trem".
Neck profile is wide-thin (resembles alot the neck of a 540 PII, or at least the one I used to own). I'd grade this one 8,5/10. It's got some dings (the biggest can be seen on the pics) and frets are worn - no buzzing, but sanding of the frets could be usable. Also the case isn't original and it's pretty beat up.
The only reason why I'm even considering of letting this thing go is the fact, that I own a 1987 Std too. These pre-CNC PRS guitars are tone monsters. And when a guitar is all mahogany and equipped with great humbuckers, it really has a warm, full sound that's still distinctive.

Pics of the PRS:
http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj140/AssleyKing/PRS 1989 Vintage Cherry with Birds/

The following guitars are on my wish list. The scale of specs is wide, so don't hesitate to hit me up with Your proposition:
- Tom Anderson Drop Top (maple fret board, floyd)
- Suhr (any other bodyshape than tele. Quilt or flame top)
- Gibson Les Paul Custom or Standard (custom shop or... Just tell me whatcha got :) )
No baseballbat necks.
I can send more/spesific pics if wanted.

So, let's get started ;)!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Anything else you're interested in besides an Anderson, Suhr, or LP?

I'd be very interested, even for an outright sale.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some interest, but still here...

In trade situation any Eddie Van Halen model (USA made) or pre-Samick Valley Arts will do fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.